What are you watching?

On now, Odette in BBC2 about Odette Hallows GC LdH. OBE.

The first part of You, series 4, on Netflix. Me and the Mrs found it much more far fetched than the other 3 series so couldn’t get into it as much.

Did you follow the series about 6 years ago about Brize Norton, especially poignant as they are trying to mobilise a CCAST repatriation.

1 Like

Will have a watch!

Burned through Clarksons Farm
Love Clarkson or hate him but…
Just amazes me that with all the boxes ticked by various agencies to get planning permission it can be refused by so few with so little reasoning behind it

Just goes to show why infrastructure projects in this country are a dead investment:

• how many years and billions spent on HS2 and we are only just staring to lay track at hom many millions a mile?
  • Heathrow expansion has been talked about for 30 years and willprobably not be complete in my lifetime
  • Nuclear powerplants - been needed for 25 years and so far we have just started 1 which will take 20 yrs to build
5 Likes

What hes done to highlight the challenges the farming industry faces is incredible.

I do wonder if it was someone else running diddly squat would they face the same council issues

3 Likes

Indeed. To quote a good friend at the end of season 1; he’s done more for farming in 8 hours of TV, than Countryfile have done in 30 years.

I’m on S2, E2 - and laughed very hard to see him making the same mistakes we made with cows 15 years ago.

3 Likes

Baby ones are cute though.

1 Like

Happy Valley completed, some solid british TV there

The Bad Batch - Season 2

1 Like

indeed. I have basically heard the same quote by my farming orientated friends at work…

1 Like

The new season of Star Trek Picard has dropped and it appears to be what we have all wanted for 3 years!

1 Like

Its not even Easter yet… and the eggs are mounting up!

That first episode had SOOOOO Many call backs to different Star Trek episodes!

I’m so buzzing, waiting for next Friday!!!

2 Likes

The music alone was immense.

Already have so many theories about what’s going on!

1 Like

I have to stop myself watching TrekCentral on Youtube, before I watch it on Amazon Video.

Picard 3 opening was soo good. Plenty of Easter Eggs. I had to hold myself back from watching Trek Cultures Ups and Downs but I knew CetaceanObservations (Easter egg part) would be full this for episode and I was right. The music is really good and Titan-A bridge is a really nice design as are the uniforms this time around.

3 Likes

I concur - much more enjoyable than the season 1 or 2 equivalents. I do feel that it is Star Trek lower decks that saved the day & rebooted the fun & positive aspects of Star Trek.

On a whim, I’ve decided to rewatch some old TNG episode just watched “best of both worlds” followed by “lessons” - I had forgotten had good they were particularly the latter with that wonderful music from the inner light. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watched greyhound last night…wowsers

Back on the Farm with Clarkson last night. Ear tagging cows and trying to keep tabs on which calf goes with which cow. Then trying to replicate field notes on to the database. Yeap. Been there. Done that. Same mistakes made. Even down to somebody stood in the field on the phone calling into the office to help “clarify” things!!!

2 Likes

I’ll have to catch up with the series tonight. I think i got to episode 3 so far.

Currently, im avoiding youtube as everyone is posting Picard Episode 2 spoilers…