What are you watching?

Finally gotten round to watching breaking bad, no wonder everyone raved about it!

2 Likes

enjoyed the first few season but found later on they started trying a bit too hard and interest waned.

Also enjoyed the Better Call Saul spin off that came after :+1:

1 Like

There have been a couple of really slow episodes even in series 2 but so far I’ve found them worth struggling through.

2 Likes

Currently enjoying Echo 3 on Apple TV before I binge the first 2 seasons of Ted Lasso in anticipation of Season 3 showing up soon :crossed_fingers:

So just finished the last episode of Willow on Disney plus.

Really liked it as it was quite fun, some good madcap twists and linked well with the original film. A lot better (& a lot more fun than the rings of power)

Anyone else seen it?

ITV 4, just at the end of 633 Squadron.

1 Like

Watching Warship on BBC 2 - the QE had a visit from the queen before leaving port.

All the sensible presentable ratings on deck.

Slightly mad motor mouth wide boy able rating storeman given task in the bottom of the ship stacking the bakebeans & margarine

1 Like

Okay was this vetted by anyone? 15 minutes in & someone in the admiralty is getting shot at dawn tomorrow.

What for

To avoid spoilers If you get the chance whack on iPlayer & give a watch.

First two ratings focused on-

• why did you join navy?
    1st rating - needed to get away from the drugs - was using too much coccaine

-how do you feel about being on a warship & going in being in conflict?

2nd rating - well I don’t really agree with War, I don’t think we should be part of it….

Having said that it is an interesting watch so far.

Oh no… Good to know our documentaries will strike fear in the hearts of potential adversaries

1 Like

That’s the one by Chris Terrill right? Man’s an absolute legend, did Commando: On The Front Line back in the day and requested to do the full commando phys training and assessments in his 50s and passed. Guys done many marathons and is just insane. So much respect

Not sure but so far it’s been a very entertaining. Good mix of the military & the hilarious.

1 Like

Just watching Schindler’s List, filmed in B&W. Read the book many years ago.

A friend went and saw it when it came out, said there was total silence at the end when everybody left the cinema.

For… the first time?

Yes, and I will watch it in two parts as the scenes are somewhat disturbing, got to the point where the murderer of Plazsow shot the woman engineer.

Just started a rewatch of Grey’s Anatomy. I knew that the current series has fallen in standards but had forgotten just how far it has gone downhill.

Happy Valley, I worked in Calderdale some years ago. Looks like it’s gone right downhill since then.

2 Likes

Catching up on last Sundays Warship: Tour of duty.

I cried a bit, when i learned about the sailor on HMS Kent, and what the whole of HMS QE did to honour him.

5 Likes

If this was aired 10 years ago, id be down the careers office.

Cracking PR exercise

4 Likes