What are you watching?

Just finished series 2 of SCREW on channel 4.

Excellent drama with excellent acting although with a bit of actor allusion.

Jamie Lee O’Donnell plays a character that could be a grown up version of her character in Derry Girls

Steven Wright’s character is almost exactly how you would imagine his character in Bluestone42 (Simon) to be after leaving the army & joining the prison service.

Excellent drama all round & well worth a watch.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but I use it to solely show the importance of making decisions.

There’s also a scene in We Were Soldiers that I use, the helicopter landing sequence while training.

2 Likes

For me it was Albert Blythe.

Post credit cards said he died of wounds after Normandy, however he ended up being promoted to a senior sergeant level and saw action in Korea.

Im really enjoying the youtube skits by Charlie Hopkinson where he deepfakes himself as Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Anakin reviewing the films/episodes.

Anakin, Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan react

1 Like

Lockheed Martin had so much free advertising from Top Gun Maverick.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Leadership clips and lessons from film, TV, and media

Lower Decks season 4.

Watching the tributes to Sir Michael Gambon on the news. Lots of talk of Dumbledore as being his defining role; but for me, he will forever be remembered as Eddie Temple; and his “facts of life” speech in Layer Cake.

3 Likes

2 pieces of his came into my mind when I heard the news. First was indeed “Welcome to the layer cake, son.” and the other was his lap around the Top Gear track.

3 Likes

So legendary they named part of the track after him.

Finally caught up with the first 3 episodes of Gen V (a spin-off from The Boys).

Safe to say it earnt its 18+ rating in the very first scene and got darker from there!

1 Like

Double-dipping, but this is quite a clever vid.

1 Like

I can not recommend only murders in the building enough

3 Likes

Which season are you watching?

Watching Soldier on BBC.

Commenter has the most monotone voice & the amount of cadetisms is unbelievable.

Good to see basic fieldcraft demo but it’s a bit eye rolling.

Not as bad the Top Gun documentary

What are you watching…

Certain usernames who never post, yet have a username and so not just anon forum lurkers…

Just finished 3

I’m going to watch 3 this weekend

1 Like

Having an account just helps keep track of what I’m reading tbh. Even if I don’t post more than twice.

1 Like

If you haven’t watched this yet, you should.

I unexpectedly lost a friend around 8 years ago, and this video hit my stone cold heart like a freight train.

3 Likes