What are you watching?

So internets on the blink so can’t stream until we get an engineer in so it’s breaking out the DVDs.

So started with a couple of episodes of SPACED followed by the series ROME.

Forgotten how good they were. :slight_smile:

Fubar on netflix is soooo good

2 Likes

Watching Top Guns: Inside the RAF

4 Likes

Watching Helen Skelton and Dan Walker exploring the Pennines on C5. Helen is wearing a C95 DPM shirt with an Air Cadets identifier and subdued Flight Sergeant rank on the middle tab. Odd what you notice.

1 Like

It looks more like Household Cavalry Lance Corporal to me (two stripes and a crown).

It’s Corporal of Horse aka a Sgt (but yes crown & two stripes).

Have discussed before & picked up here….

I thought corporal of horse was three stripes and a metal crown, lance corporal of horse three stripes and cloth crown and lance corporal two stripes with metal crown? :thinking:

Or is that just my rusty HCav ranks knowledge?

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too, although how the metal and cloth crowns are represented on subdued rank slides is unclear to me.

1 Like

I think she’d make a good ambassador. Since being on Strictly her profile seems to be on the up. She’s outdoorsy, if that’s a word, comes across well and seems non political.

3 Likes

Apologies! I was under impression that two stripes & crown was Cpl of horse was the sjt rank. The more I’ve delved in to cross reference the more confused I’ve got. Found this on forces net so this looks reliable.

2 Likes

Why is she wearing any kind of camo in the first place?

It’s a personal pet peeve; anyone wearing camo, whether they’re related to the services or not, when on civilian business.

I’ll give certain people a pass, but they should remove any identifiers they aren’t entitled to.

2 Likes

It’s a bit too much like the Walts that turn up on Remembrance Parade with a sandy-coloured beret and both formal & non-issue medals all in the wrong order…

2 Likes

It’s really not :rofl:

1 Like

It’s old out of date stuff. I think she looks great!

1 Like

So which Air Cadet unit has Corporal of Horse ? or even a horse ?

Tottenham Squadron shared a building with ACF Donkey Wallopers.

2 Likes

Probably Eton CCF

2 Likes

Just sitting down at home with a fairly severe toothache, watched the first episode of the new Ashoka series.

A promising start, good to see the Rebels crew in Live Action

2 Likes
3 Likes