What are you playing?

I have a Series X and I downloaded MSFS the other day as it was on game pass despite not really liking flight sims that much. I was really impressed with the level of detail and it did not struggle at all. The lo-fi music is a bit sleep inducing though!

My go to games currently are CoD, Fallout and I’ve recently completed the second Subnautica. I wasn’t really into CoD until the first lockdown happened and it was the game my social group all played.

I have a few games I need to get back to like No Man Sky and BreathEdge but I’ve left them so long I’d probably need to start again.

Finding time to play is definitely at the detriment of sleep. Normally play on a non cadet night after the little one has gone to sleep.

Finding time to play is one of the big problems of modern gaming.

I really enjoyed Fallout and recently completed all the achievements including the DLC for Fallout 3, it’s even more enjoyable after the patch update which fixed the FPS.

Me and a friend are currently playing through Alien Firestorm Elite and I still enjoy games of PUBG.

1 Like

Im tempted to give RDR2 another go now i hace a series x. But also need to give cyberpunk another go and tempted by COD Vanguard

1 Like

I haven’t played through RDR2, but it is on my list to do.

I haven’t enjoyed COD since WaW and MW2. I found myself becoming a Battlefield convert around about then.

I’ve toyed with the Xbox but plan is to go with a desktop PC and decent graphics card which I can also run work stuff on.

Almost 2 years WFH on a 13” laptop has taken its toll.

1 Like

I can only imagine! I also only have a laptop but didn’t have the funds for a gaming PC. I bought a 4K monitor, hooked the Xbox and laptop to it, Bob’s your sisters brother.

1 Like

I’m looking at something used/refurbished. Possibly getting 2 monitors, one mostly for the laptop, though the prices of them seems to have gone up quite a bit.

Wouldn’t that make Bob your brother?

1 Like

Christmas has ruined me… :rofl: let’s leave it at that

I bought a gaming PC right at the start of the first lockdown, precisely so I had something I could work and play on. Trouble is it was a refurb and the PSU died after just over a year, so now I’m back on to a laptop with limited gaming capabilities.

Still runs Cities Skylines and Train Sim well enough, though :sweat_smile:

Should you be on the programming radios thread with that level of Geekery? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Anyone played Valheim much yet? Got gifted from a friend who said it’s a great co-op.

You wanna see the rest of my Steam library :sweat_smile:

Its strangely addictive.

1 Like

Halo Infinite. It’s great fun. I’ve reached the stage where I can have Scorpion tanks delivered. Like Amazon Prime for Armour.

Overkill is fun!

2 Likes

I know of one Sqn commander who got a Flt sim built & installed in a spare room in his squadron - seats, controls monitors the works.

Turns out the sim worked just as accurately with Microsoft Train simulator as it did with the aviation software.

It was like the kids at Christmas when the adults play with their toys.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the dialogue is worth playing for alone! I’ve seen a few funny clips. It’s on my to play list, but waiting for my pal to play through with.

I’m going again. The Legendary run begins…

1 Like

Finally invested in a Switch. Now the real challenge of keeping myself off it long enough to study begins…

This is going to sound lame ar 32 but…

The new pokemon legends game coming out in a couple of weeks for switch is the pokemon game that 10 year old me was desperate for