What are you listening to....?

Hans Zimmer Live

What a legend of music

3 Likes

For some reason, YouTube Music recently decided that I’ve had enough of grit, growls, and distorted guitars and is instead giving me Hoobastank, The Calling, Bowling For Soup, Puddle of Mudd, and Smashmouth… plus that one Kid Rock song that everyone knows (and it’s not Bawitdaba or Hillbilly Stomp, and only some will know American Badass).

Well played, YouTube; well played. You took a shot and hit the mark.

I’ve not heard American Badass since the days of Scuzz TV!

This may be being played to death at the moment

2 Likes

If this wasn’t a cover, it would be a fantastic Eurovision song!

1 Like

Ive been on a Frank Turner binge for days now. Love that man

From a similar type of band, how about a little Nórdico Latino?

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Very nice. Well done Pendulum - taking an awesome song and turning it up to 11!

Whilst we’re doing remixes (well, covers!), Alex Melton covering All the single ladies in the style of Blink 182 has been on my playlist all week (and he absolutely nails the 182 style).

If we’re doing remixes and covers, can we do mash ups?

Scary how well these 2 songs go together!

1 Like

I haven’t been able to get this out of my head since RIAT.

1 Like

Sorry! Just realised you were all following a theme and I’ve broken it.

My favourite cover is one I first heard in a forties themed tea room:

The missus and I are big fans of “emo” music, as people at work call it when I have it playing.

So Linkin Park made even more rocky is our jam.

The bands for quite a few other covers we like.

That’s an interesting one, Breaking the Habit was never really particularly rocky so I guess it wouldn’t take much to make it more rocky.

If you’re LP fans, have you seen the memorial concert for Chester at the Hollywood Bowl? Best rendition of In The End out there: Linkin Park - In The End (Live Hollywood Bowl 2017) - YouTube

seeing these reminded me of one of my favourite covers from my student days and Radio 1 evening sessions.

Fixed, a quirky cover

4 Likes

Another very odd cover, especially for my friends in the Southwest.

And for all the Trekkies

1 Like

I’ve always liked Shatner’s version of Rocketman (covered here in Family Guy) but had no idea there were others. Love it!