What are some straight-up facts people just won't swallow?

This is the problem with the world right now: None of you can distinguish fact from opinion.

The best example so far is the email one.

Here’s another. You don’t need to say the phrase ‘Terms and Conditions apply.’ ‘Conditions’ are themselves ‘terms’ so all you need to say is ‘terms apply’.

1 Like

The CWS (night vision scope) can be used during the day.

1 Like

Vaccines don’t cause autism

5 Likes

People (usually) value honesty over good news.

Dawn knows what she is doing…

3 Likes

No evidence to support that.

Nothing to refute it either.

Just because we think something is a mistake…

To be fair, he didn’t say spherical. It is round.

I was told (by a chap with a law PhD) that terms are essential items in a contract, and conditions are variable. For example, your employment contract might have terms concerning what you do, where you work and who you report to, but conditions such as your salary can be varied without breach of contract (otherwise you couldn’t get a pay rise!)

1 Like

It is roundish

You’re kind of proving my point.

Your recollection of your chat is vaguely accurate. But I think you have confused the names of the relevant phrases. Conditions are not usually variable. They are the material terms, a breach of a condition gives you the right to terminate the whole contract.

My point in short: Contracts ONLY have terms. Terms themselves may be conditions, warranties, or ‘innominate terms’.

So, all conditions are terms, but not all terms are conditions.

You may have a point…

1 Like

I work with morons

4 Likes

Me too. Though to be fair, they are sheep, so they have a brain the size of a satsuma. The cattle are much brighter than the sheep - and rather brighter than the bloke at the feed supplier…

3 Likes

Would that be spelt Morans … ref old HIGNFY.

No, she’s my MP.

You obviously don’t remember the HIGNFY with picture of Donald Trump sitting with 4/5 blokes that some sub-titled Morons or something and one of the blokes responded and said it was spelt Morans.

That Boris Johnson is a massive

1 Like

A massive Jeremy Hunt?

3 Likes

That the “good ol cadet days” are a long distant memory.

But that the “good new cadet days” are what we make them!

9 Likes