Weirdest items in your stores

So I’ll start this one off in ours we have:

1 civil defense Geiger counter
1 Set of tropical parade uniform
1 respirator
and for some reason a load of desert DPM.

What about everyone else?

Several NBC suits
Several body armour covers in Desert DPM

They were there when I got there so no idea where they came from.

We had in a previous unit the leather top off of a Pommel Horse. No blocks for it to sit on and no handles.

I sold it to an eastern european chap for £20 so that he could train his son to be an olympic gymnast like he was in his youth, he’d driven from Essex way to Cornwall for it. he then put it in his little 4x4 (over the top of the seats) and drove straight back.

Strange day.

A pair of flecktarn trousers.

German or Danish?

I’m not sure what I’d class as the weirdest…
A few brand new pick helves (no pick heads for them); a vintage land surveyors tacheometer (which everyone thought was some sort of WWII bomb sight before I found it)… nothing much really.
Like others we’ve got some KD No 7 rig, NBC kit, respirators, &c.

[quote=“wdimagineer2b” post=16780]German or Danish?

[/quote]

German I think.

I hate to think how many times I’ve heard the statement:

“They were there when I got there so no idea where they came from.”

:unsure:

[quote=“M0XSD” post=16783]I hate to think how many times I’ve heard the statement:

“They were there when I got there so no idea where they came from.”

:unsure:[/quote]

True though. We had a few combat helmets as well but I sold them and bought something useful.

Our Warrant Officer.

:lol: :lol:

we have an old sextant looking item in its original box…it is probably worth a pretty penny although could be scrap and as much good as a paperweight…

[quote=“steve679” post=16794]

we have an old sextant looking item in its original box…it is probably worth a pretty penny although could be scrap and as much good as a paperweight…[/quote]

What type or design? Any markings or serials numbers? On FleaBay, they are worth a few ££, maybe up to £100 - £150 depending on type or age, etc. Experienced their use on Vulcans!

We’ve got a Sextant aswell boxed and some paperwork, boss wants to keep hold of it for a bit longer as he apparently saw them on Antiques Roadshow or something going for around £1000. We could do with some new tents :wink:

Some vintage action men before we sold them.

Now there’s nothing weird and useless - there’s barely space in there for the useful stuff! Although we do have a section from the flap of a 747 in the garage.

[quote=“MattB” post=16798]Some vintage action men before we sold them.

Now there’s nothing weird and useless - there’s barely space in there for the useful stuff! Although we do have a section from the flap of a 747 in the garage.[/quote]

Your Sqn has a garage?!?!?!?! :open_mouth:

Yup!

We’re OK for facilities… but every time I go to my OH’s old squadron I still get jealous. They have a cadet lounge the size of our entire hut!

If only our unit had a spare £31 million.

[quote=“MikeJenvey” post=16795][quote=“steve679” post=16794]

we have an old sextant looking item in its original box…it is probably worth a pretty penny although could be scrap and as much good as a paperweight…[/quote]

What type or design? Any markings or serials numbers? On FleaBay, they are worth a few ££, maybe up to £100 - £150 depending on type or age, etc. Experienced their use on Vulcans![/quote]

pass!

it has been sat tucked away in the radio room for as long as i can remember. if i get chance i’ll take some photos…

Is this a brass/antique ship sextant rather than an aircraft type? if so, they can be quite valuable.

Not sure, Boss keeps it hidden away so we don’t get rid/sell it. As we are not going to use it. He is going to NZ soon so will dig it out and get details.

We have an old film reel projector and the speakers to go with it.

We think it was issued, not privately purchased.

[quote=“jacques” post=16861]We have an old film reel projector and the speakers to go with it.

We think it was issued, not privately purchased.[/quote]

We have a projector too but no speakers.

We do have a film called ‘Operation Backstage’ from (I think) the Royal Air Force Cinema Corporation. Anybody know anything about this?