Weather Too Good

I think the main I liked was that the email mainly was working on the basis of “we want cadets to wear hats other than berets & this is fine in uniform so don’t shout at them or insist on berets”

Perhaps it’s also worth letting cadets dye their hair silver /white so it reflects the heat more.

1 Like

Also regarding hats….

Surely they don’t wear berets on the show ground anyway as it is considered airside?

And a saluting amensty?

So currently the forecasted maximum WBGT for RAF Cosford on Sunday is approx 28C. (Range of 23C-28C). Even at the top end, you’d still be allowed ‘full duration’ for ‘Easy Work in MTP’.

Frankly those tables are useless for us anyway as they are aimed at adult military personnel!

Hopefully no one overreacts and cancels anything… Just stick to some good risk mitigation by keep cadets rested and hydrated!

This as well but mainly because there are a lot of re-enactors plus a couple of Walt’s so it’s best with no head dress for everyone making things easier (unless you fancy saluting winston Churchill)

1 Like

I’ve heard rumours of a 3 month pause, encompassing June, July & August in future years, just in case the sun shines for more than 5 minutes in 1 go… /s

1 Like

Don’t go giving them ideas.

1 Like

I did Cosford Airshow once and it was indeed no headdress and no saluting. At RIAT, however, we do wear headdress outdoors (even though the showground is part of the airfield) but only salute 4* and above.

1 Like

Do 4*s (General/ACM/Admiral) even attend RIAT in person or do they send their butlers?

Don’t they attend in suits so you need to do facial recognition to get them as they move between hospitality tents

1 Like

Bad news all; the warning has moved up to Amber!

The RAF may have to stand down entirely. Can’t risk weather that’s too good!

1 Like

That’s why I made my post above looking at the WBGT forecast :wink:

We’re still in the safe zone as far as the forecasted WBGT is concerned. And given how much they like to bang on about it, surely that matters more than any of the alerts!

1 Like

This always finishes the day before RIAT, by coincidence.

They’ll be expecting a medal next for resiliance in the face of environmental challenges.

I need a link to the seller. Wonder if they do bespoke orders on the bands…

1 Like

Truth is, it’s a freebie BAE Systems hat from RIAT, with the original band removed and one of these added in its place:

2 Likes

Hmm tempted to buy a band of the CFM ribbion & try using that on a hat…(don’t think you can get the RAFVR as hat braid)

2 Likes

And above? Poor 90+ year old MRAFs shouldnt be out and about in that weather

They do though. Can’t keep away …