VR(T) Commission Change

To many jokes, must resist, must resist… :dizzy_face:

Blue/Grey on GPJ… going to look gash.ll

I fear ‘gash’ is going to be an overiding theme…

If the potential confusion between RAFAC and RAF Regiment rank slides is genuinely an actual problem, rather than something no one cares about, then they either need to change the design to ‘RAFAC’, or just ‘CADETS’, and have the rank slides form part of the force identification and uniformed staff will just have to put up with being asked if they aren’t a bit old to be cadets…

Personally I think it’s a bit of made up outrage - anyone who can’t tell the difference between a cadet officer surrounded by teenagers and an RAF Regiment Officer surrounded by ice creams and brassed up body armour (sorry, I had to - I’m weak…), either has eyesight so bad they couldn’t read it at 10cm, or is so thick they can’t read anyway…

1 Like

Having RAFAC embroidered would of been so much better

Just having RAFAC pins to replace the VRT ones would have been better

Just keeping the VRT pins would have been better and cheaper.

4 Likes

Surely from a great enough distance, we’ll look like regular RAF personnel anyway. I can’t help but feel that this is something of a non-issue, especially given how infrequently Regiment personnel actually wear blues…

Especially since they tend to wear berets anyway.

It’s almost like this whole rebadingbpolicy wasn’t necessary and hasn’t been thought through…

3 Likes

The gilt titles are awful. The lettering is all blobby not nice and crisp like my old VRTs. Let’s see if somone will do a nicer version and a gold wire one for mess kit!

I saw a photograph of the new gilt pins last night. The lettering is terrible and to be frank, I was more than a little insulted that I would be expected to wear them. Not whilst I have I hole in my bottom will I wear the new pins when issued to me if they are as I saw in the photograph.

1 Like

Matter of opinion … you think they look gash i think they look fine. I know others who think they look gash and I know others who think they look fine. I am sure we will all get over the negativity and move on with life in due course.

It will look fine, once we all go out and buy sliders with backing material that matches the garments!

A friend of mine pitched up in his MTP with his new rank slides on.

I couldn’t see the lettering from 10 paces away as they blend into the material (no pun intended)

Well surely we can just tell the suppliers to do some with the navy blue and jeltex backing material…

1 Like

I think there’s another site that is selling the gpj backed slides

Yes I agree that this would be a good idea … post it to RC(N) as a suggestion, he can get onto CD and see if they are willing to do a run. Don’t know why it’s not been done so far …

If you remember who, let me know! I’ve had a look and couldn’t find any.

No idea on the quality etc.

Others already have mentioned it, response was a no rather tha pin they’d be looking into it.
A shame as I wouldn’t mind buying a set that are backed for gpj and jeltex

Thats disappointing … i might contact CD directly and see what they have to say … worth an E Mail at least