VR(T) Commission Change

Yep was issued mine at the weekend…

Very generous term to use!

2 Likes

That would be generally accepted to be the correct way to do that.

1 Like

Sounds dreamy.

Ah, but did they have to arrange the embroidering of 12 characters PLUS spacing?

1 Like

I would suspect given CAC’s and others at HQAC preoccupation with Twitter they would all be highly skilled at organising characters with distinct character limitations.

It would probably be a skill they would cite on a job application.

2 Likes

Well the issued slides have arrived; only a cm toooo wide for the epaulettes. And the RAFAC pins, well how long before the backing clasp is lost.

I can see some home-based amendments being made!!

Apparently the reg aren’t happy because of the size of the lettering or something?

Reg being regular or regiment ? And is it cause the lettering is too big or too small ?

If that is the case, there are only two options.

1. Go with as is and look gash
  2. Bin the current slides and start the design process again. Get a test batch made and evaluate. (Like should have been done this time but …). I will not put into words how i feel about this whole episode.

It will be option 1, we will look a joke

1 Like

Not like it’s not already a joke.

1 Like

I would suggest that from a distance, CFC holders will be mistaken for RAF Regiment officers as the layout of the words are very similar to that of the Regiment.

I feel a ruffling of feathers coming on and if so, quite rightly so…

Any pictures of the ones you’ve been issued?

So the attempt to de-waltify us has simply resulted in us looking more waltilicious?

2 Likes

1 Like

They would be the issues ones; the Ripoff Direct version has smaller lettering!

“I would suggest that from a distance, CFC holders will be mistaken for RAF Regiment officers as the layout of the words are very similar to that of the Regiment.“

No suggestion about it …

Ummmm, HQAC have Cadet Direct as their supplier. Although Cadet Direct did do a batch before the final design was approved and yes they have been flogging these to unsuspecting staff who jumped the gun and bought early. In fairness to HQAC they have told Cadet Direct to cease selling their old stock if they wish to continue being the supplier to HQAC as an official supplier. Anyway there you go, they are the ons that are being issued … and they fit on my epaulettes so I dont know what the issue is.

I did advise the RC that the slides were too big but was politely told to keep my opinions to myself!

Only if the RAF Regiment have dropped their standards! :wink:

3 Likes