VR(T) Commission Change

HA! And people thought it was the ATC who were being obstinate in this change.

1 Like

GOC RC is holding boards but these aren’t an actual thing that CFAV attend merely a paperwork transfer.

21 days until implementation!! Anyone heard anything? I have not seen any sliders or pins yet!

Nothing heard here…

@Gunner - you had your letter yet???

Apparently the new insignia is now at HQ and will be sent to WHQs over the next week.

And I’ve overheard that CAC said the OIC course that is just before the implementation date might be the first batch of CFC officers - even though that they would already be commissioned into the VRT

The selection processes remain unchanged and the re-boarding process is just some grade of general somewhere looking at a name and signing something to say “yes” or “no”. The “no” option is going to be very unlikely as there would have to be big reasons for it not to happen.

On a side note, although that the re-boarding process begins in November, we keep our commissions until some time next year. We aren’t losing one and getting the other on the same day.

Nope!

Have you questioned it or chased it?

Nope.

Do I need to?

They’re watching… updated note on Bader

Is that why Bader keeps going down?

Do you get anything else from HQAC? Pay slips for instance?

Yes I do. I’ve been at the same address for nigh on 18yrs and all payslips and other niff naff and trivia are always sent to it.

I’m not particularly bothered about receiving a copy of the letter because I’ve already seen it. I won’t articulate exactly on here what I thought about it but I did find it was somewhat patronising and condescending.

I think there are LOTS of people who will agree with you…

1 Like

i take it you found the online training manual for HQAC

1 Like

Just seen a post on Twitter where a Flt Lt… RAFAC handed command over to Flt Lt …RAFAC. both wearing VRT pins…

Correct?

Why would it not be correct?

The CFC currently doesn’t exist, it should be introduced on 01 Dec - it’s important to remember that.

CFC should not be backdated to a date prior to the introduction.

I didn’t think we were RAFAC yet… change over from VRT was December. Or am I getting confused?