VR(T) Commission Change

There were some Air Cadets stood behind her in one of the photographs. It is experienced on the coal face…Not by many at the moment.

Last chance. Back on thread or I’ll just delete posts.

There is no such thing as the ACO - the website is the RAFAC one.

Reading through old press releases on this it says that officers would still be entitled to honours on the Military List. Surely that will need to change now as we will be the same as NCOs who are not able to get them on that list due to being civilians, notwithstanding their uniform?
I know about 10 years ago there says talk of setting up a cadet forces list (probably under the civil division) but that was shot down by the commandants of the various cadet forces, partly as they didn’t want to dilute the military status of officers which they also thought would require legislation to do (how things have changed). Is that something we may see appearing again?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/51833/response/231214/attach/2/FOI%2015%2011%202010%20111257%20002%20Documents%20Jones.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjEjY6r75jXAhXC1RoKHa11Ba8QFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw17u2KqFWQHtWTFvz6mACCf

But they do hold honorary appointments to the RNR so that probably gets them past that hurdle.

But if that’s not the reason it seems odd that they get military division when SNCO/WO don’t. I see this commission change (which looks like it’s coming, so like Brexit, we should now focus on making the best of it) could be an ideal opportunity to iron out the honours disparity between different types of CFAV and maybe get a few more honours for our staff as so many go unrecognised (and before anyone thinks or comments it I’m not including me there as I don’t do enough to warrant it but there are plenty out there including on this board who deserve something, even just a BEM)

All of ours should go through the Cabinet Office, why we get caught in the MOD Civil/Military has always bemused me. I wonder if they were purely based on community contribution more cadet forces’ volunteer staff would get more awards than they seem to via the MOD.

In so many different ways the changes we are going through offer the opportunity to change us and loosen the military ties and make the cadet forces more relevant to the 21st Century, yet we are still bound to a way of working that is not entirely appropriate to us.

Nope. Still got a month to go. Plenty of time to sort it out.

Said HGAC. In April.

3 Likes

I’m really not holding my breath.

2016…

3 Likes

You probably find some several star Officers and MOD mandarins all thinking a few years ago, “ah we’ll change the cadet forces commission which will be really easy” … WRONG. I imagine there will be drinks in the mess and a few will get gongs at the end of the process for a job well done, well by MOD standards anyway, as I imagine getting it done at any cost and timeframe is an achievement.

Probably the same ones who thought changing the wings on Nimrods, changing the .22 we use and general changes/additions to equipment was easy.

Let’s make the Nimrod into an AEW aircraft… I mean, how hard can it be?

1 Like

At least we can all go together!

Any explanation as to what happened to the date for next year?

To the pub?

2 Likes

I believe the shortest acceptable answer and response in the world is in fact: Pub? Pub.

So the ACF will be making existing officers to through a reboarding process? Awkward if they fail…

1 Like

I doubt that problem has gone away, the position of the Army being that all will be appointed to the CFC and that ‘the CFC is the primary commission for Officers in the Cadet Force’ has not changed in either the FAQs or the draft regulations. Land Force Commissions will probably be quietly removed next year once all the paperwork is done and long after everything has calmed down over the new commission.

I still haven’t had my letter from the CAC so I don’t hold much hope of getting a new commissioning scroll…

2 Likes

What, re-boarding all existing Army Cadets Officers? Surely that would take decades to do…?

Or do you just mean ACF/CCF(A) CFAVs who are already in the process of becoming commissioned, but haven’t yet attended Westbury?

It’s unclear as to why your existing selection standards and processes aren’t considered sufficient…does the Cadet Forces Commission within an Army context have more-demanding filter / performance requirements than the current CFCB / Army Reserve Type B Land Forces Commission?