VR(T) Commission Change

Exactly, who cares about seniority? I have been in charge of people senior to me due to my experience and qualifications!

1 Like

Plt_Off_Prune
My company has divested it’s entire European arm incorporating multiple production plants, distribution plants, rationalised staff levels, blanket banned recruitment and travel. Marketing campaigns and product investment slashed. There was no cost-of-living salary increases for 5 years.
The world is struggling and so all should share the burden. I appreciate it’s difficult for civil servants to comprehend cost budgeting, most operate a ’ must spend the budget or we won’t get as much next year’ management strategy. I can say this because I have multiple friends and family who are also or have been civil servants.
So please explain in this economic constraint environment why we have decided to restructure at the detriment of the RAFAC?
Why are we spending six figure sums for new badges?
Why are we focusing on repairing and sanctioning motorised gliders ahead of cheaper non-motorised gliders?
Whyhave we taken away the No8 rifles before the distribution of the L144-A1? Which are already proving far less robust than the No8.
Why are building repairs still cost eye-watering sums?
Why hasn’t HQAC dealt with the issue of building repair costs?
Does HQAC have relevant qualified, and here I mean academically with relevant financial acumen, who are also current and competent managers to handle these tasks?
For example we don’t let technicians work on aircraft without the relevant qualifications, product knowledge and experience,so. Does HQAC operate the same standards with the strategic management of the RAFAC’s 40,000 personnel, financial budget of tens of millions GBP and real estate?

5 Likes

No and some chars

[quote=“Skootp5b, post:1967, topic:2647, full:true”]Does HQAC operate the same standards with the strategic management of the RAFAC’s 40,000 personnel, financial budget of tens of millions GBP and real estate?
[/quote]
This is rhetorical.

A bloke who my brother knows runs a building company and flatly refuses to take public sector contracts as despite being easy money, the people he has had to deal with in the NHS and local govt couldn’t organise the proverbial. He said; they change things as they go along and still expect it to be finished within budget and by the original date; internal project managers who can’t manage projects; meetings that seem to be for anyone passing / wanting a cuppa and biscuit and to fill up their diary to make it look like they’re busy, with 80% of attendees taking no part; people who don’t seem to have any idea about building regs.
Other than this we’ve had major road works near to us where the completion notices were put back by 15 months in seasonal chunks.

If at any time we had people running the Corps with the sort of experience suggested and a history of projects delivered OTIF, I’d fall over. It might help if the salaried people running projects in the Corps were given specific timeframes no more than 9 months and held to account and binned if they don’t deliver.

1 Like

Just seen on Twitter that CAC is looking forward to getting her blue wings!! :roll_eyes:
I’m looking forward to getting any type of Gliding for my Cadets!
Another example of poor use of Social Media and double standards in the Top Command!!

6 Likes

Good news - she was award Bronze due to prior experience :ohmygod:

She also posted a video of being towed… not something I thought the Viking did …

1 Like

Jesus wept…

4 Likes

From a very hazy recollection of my IGT, the Viking has the towing hitch (is that the right terminology??) at the front, but was never used by us, because it was cheaper to winch.

I wonder why she didn’t use those shiny new winches we spent all that money buying and then converting…?

2 Likes

What’s up? It’s like she’s got anything to be doing :rolleyes:

I’ve not heard of anything so disgusting for a Cmdt to do, in all the years I’ve been in the Corps. She should be thoroughly ashamed of herself.

2 Likes

It really just sums up the disconnect between the CAC and the people who work on the Squadrons.
If you follow her on Social Media, she does all the stuff that Cadets could do. But can’t because of the lack of qualified staff or central dis-organisation!

Will she explain to my Cadets that she went Gliding using a method not available to them, received an award that she can’t wear on her brassard and they can’t!:confounded:

3 Likes

I did chuckle ironically at the Social Media posts of Red10 adding “another solo sortie” to his logbook having flown a Viking…

Seems the best chance of getting airborne in an RAFAC Glider is being CAC or a Red Arrow!

3 Likes

Aero towing is available to cadets, but only at Syerston mid week when CGS are flying.
VGS don’t have tug aircraft.

So not really available to 95% of cadets then.

2 Likes

Surely that’s got to be 99%.

At the risk of being boring, can we keep the HQAC bashing to a different thread? Leave this for the commission.

1 Like

95% or 99%…?? Some cadets do, so I was merely correcting some of the non factual information.
You shouldn’t join in and then tell us to stop talking about it…?

Is there such a thread?
Unfortunately the way this commission has been dealt with brings to the fore the failings of the HQ! I will desist though!

If you want to question moderation please PM me, batfink or DJRice.

There isn’t one such thread no. There appear to be several at the moment! Doesn’t mean someone can’t start a new one though…

On the subject of Red 10 - he has done a lot for the Air Cadets back seat rides for cadets, fly pasts for major parades and he is an ex-cadet - what better way to show our cadets the possibilites

1 Like

i am not against the publicity and by the sounds of it he is an ideal candidate

however like the CAC going up - it is frustrating to see the VIPs “showing off” the opportunities in the Air Cadets which actually are not seen at the coal face

2 Likes