VR(T) Commission Change

Following a recent sponsorship deal they will all be conscripted, Sorry commissioned, to the Ryanair branch of Flying and be required to work random spare days on shuttles from Alicante.

1 Like

I’ve already asked the Q.

As it stands, the commissioning procedure has not changed. I agree the admin procedure will need to change unless HQAC are content to still run the VRT commission paperwork but thats down to CAC and C6FTS to discuss.

1 Like

Agreed. Hopefully a sensible solution will prevail…?!

:rofl::rofl: Best joke on here today! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

…:+1:t2::wink:

:joy::joy:. At least they weren’t conscripted into Monarch…:cry:

steady

3 of our chaps were Monarch Flight deck.

Back on topic…

Thread drift…

There may be light at the end of the tunnel - unless there are more “silly b"s” afoot, hopefully back to weekend cadet flying by end of the year.

Waiting also for hopefully positive news concerning (non-VGS) gliding, etc.

On thread…

Commission changes, what a pig’s ear.

Ryan air need desperate/cheap staff

On the commission scroll front CAC just tweeted you won’t get your VR(T) one if commissioned before the change but do OIC afterwards. That’s a kick in the teeth. Am a little peeved now.

I can understand soshial mejah being used for some publicity purposes, & spreading the word on recent news. However, this is a huge & very important change, still on-going, which IMHO should NOT be bounced around like this.

8 Likes

Agreed, especially when it directly contradicts the response given by RCN to the same question on the Bader pages

Not sure how they can do that as your Gazetted as VRT then do OIC…

She said it was to do with the commission not being confirmed until after Cranwell. If what she said is right my commission is essentially non-existent.
Think she needs to speak to RC(N) and get their stories straight.

Very similar to the original we all get to keep the vrt in perpetuity as a retired rank yet now only if you meet the criteria for leaving the organisation on good terms. Goal posts constantly moving. I have had no issues with the commission change other than this. Oh what’s that commissioning scroll? Nothing as it doesn’t mean anything anymore. So seven years as vrt and I can’t keep it or use it. That and all the other cfc issues and the slap dash manner in which we have to get updates from social media as well as other poorly managed changes have me seriously reconsidering my position.

2 Likes

[quote=“spicester, post:1835, topic:2647”] have me seriously reconsidering my position
[/quote]

You me many many others chief

5 Likes

So VR(T) retd
You would have to be one of the saddest individuals in all Christendom to hang onto that.

I didn’t say that though. Simply pointing out that it’s yet another goal post move. I’ve said before I have no issue with the new commission per se. Just the manor in which it’s been handled amongst all the other failing projects. The fact is they originally stated we could all use that and are now putting in place an arbitrary limit.

I personally would not choose to use it regardless but it does effectively mean the commissioning scroll has little but sentimental value for anyone with less than ten years in.

It’s been devalued for those of us who have had it over 10 years. My parents got my scroll framed although it never made it onto the wall and is in the loft, the next scroll won’t even make it out of the tube although I fully expect it to be like one of the certificates you get after doing an online course. You’ll asked to login with your number and it will fill in the gaps in some random typeface.

That’s pretty poor. Why did you bother getting commissioned? Are you embarrassed with the post you hold?