VR(T) Commission Change

No CFAV remaining VR(T). Does that mean a change of policy for AEF and VGS?

Yeah, all CFAV within 2FTS will be changing over. The staff at 6AEF will remain VR(T) but according to the update they aren’t “CFAV” and this is tenporarybuntil a more suitable place within the reserves can be found for them.

1 Like

They’re not CFAVs as they aren’t volunteers. They are civil servants wearing uniforms. They can’t figure out where to place them

What a farce! Taken almost a year to put this in. Just roll back after roll back. Just should of put everyone in VRT and kick out the Walts.

Mmmm?? All AEF aircrew who are not CFAV move to the new Commission? All our pilots are CFAV and have VRT Commissions unless they are currently serving.

Did somebody forget that a load of Gliding CFAV bods transferred over to AEF a while back after some of the gliding squadrons closed down?

More roll backs than a Walmart sale

1 Like

its a good job HQAC don’t run my farm - all my livestock would be dead, the buildings would have fallen down and my wife would have run off with someone else.

utterly, utterly useless…

I must admit that doesn’t make much sense to me as a sentence. As our resident AEF rep is this the first you have heard?

AEF staff pilots are volunteers and VRT officers. AEF’s aren’t part of the ACO. They’re embedded within a UAS And tasked by the RAF to provide Cadet Flying.

At least you are getting updates!

1 Like

I was talking about the people at 2FTS who are for now remaining VRT. I don’t know what you are talking about but it doesn’t relate to my post.

quite correct, however, their commission is a VRT commission with the ACO.

AEF’s are owned by 6fts and come under their umbrella, have commissioned pilots in the VRT who provide a service to the ACO.

I think I’ll hang on and see what happens but from what I have just been told by a higher power, we are remaining as VRT.

You can identify the walts by the fact that they are wearing the new rank slides now or is it by not changing to RAFAC ranks slides now and still wearing VRT. It gets so confusing now.

One of my favourite quotes ever, this time from 101 Dalmatians
Cruella: What kind of sycophant are you?
Frederick: Um… What kind of sycophant would you like me to be?

1 Like

If you read daws post you’ll understand old chap. Possibly the way he’s written it?

"I am also able to report that (contrary to what was previously briefed), all CFAV members of 2FTS who currently hold the RAFVR(T) will also transition to the CFC at the same time as their ATC colleagues. "

Except the six who are civil servants. My point was they’re not CFAVs.

Ok I get you now… Sorry for the misunderstanding.

One issue for the not too distant future will be commissioning new AEF pilots? I understand they will probably go through the same process as for CFC but 6 FTS May have to develop their own admin process to facilitate this?
Not a major issue, but interesting to see how that develops and what type of commission AEF pilots end up with…

Thanks