VR(T) Commission Change

Well they had to rush to get them all posted so the contents weren’t important. Stuffing them into envelopes and getting them into the post system to prove a point was key here.

Here’s an example:

"What does the CFC mean for our volunteers?

In practical terms, this means that the processes for selection, qualifications, appointment to roles, promotions and leaving the organisation are able to be adapted to reflect the needs of a contemporary youth organisation while retaining the ethos of the Royal Air Force as our sponsoring organisation.

Having the ability under the Cadet Forces Commission to adapt these processes, will lead to increased understanding by Cadet Force officers of the simplified processes by which they will be administered and complaints will be dealt with…"

If that last bit makes any kind of sense can someone translate for me.

2 Likes

I[quote=“pEp, post:1389, topic:2647”]
Having the ability under the Cadet Forces Commission to adapt these processes, will lead to increased understanding by Cadet Force officers of the simplified processes by which they will be administered and complaints will be dealt with…"

If that last bit makes any kind of sense can someone translate for me.
[/quote]

I “think” is means;
We will be able to alter the complaints and investigation procedures along with the sanctions and resolutions. By doing this, we can make it clear to everyone what their options are to make a complaint and request a resolution as well as what will happen if you are complained about. It will be transparent, and speedy. In addition, the rules and regulations for staff will be simplified.

Or something like that. I had to read it 4/5 times before I decided this is what they meant, but perhaps it wasn’t and the language is deliberately written vague so the end result won’t be picked on should it change. Much like a political party statement.

1 Like

Yes. 2359 hrs 31 Oct 17

Did it contain rank slides?

3 Likes

Apparently 8 members of 2FTS (who are civil servants but already hold a VRT commission) will retain VRT rank until they can find a better reserve position for them. As will all AEF pilots “without this concession, AEF for cadets would cease”. No change there then!

No. Apparently they will be issued by 31 October.

And it simply says that the defence council has directed that our current commission will be relinquished.

Ahhh. The eight members of 2FTS who were illegally employed full time as VRT officers until the MoD went loopy over it (volunteers paid full time?!?) but managed to get civil servant posts with strangely little recruitment options. How did that happen? I don’t remember them jobs going to the general public and VRT officers aren’t considered civil servants to apply for internal positions.

See what’s happened yet anyone?

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen If the 01 Nov date slips… And the Defence Council relinquished all of our commissions at 2359hrs on 31 Oct…

No it didn’t

Got mine!

RAFAC rank slides from 01 Nov 17, so what going to happen if pins are not available by 11 Nov 17?

Answers on a postcard to …

How can somebody else relinquish something for me? Relinquishment is something I do in the first person.

3 Likes

The regs say the defence council can direct you to relinquish your commission. Odd state of affairs if you ask me, but it’s there. Normally used when they want rid of a branch or trim down (like they did with all those trainee pilots a few years ago).

Anarchy. I’m looking forward to it :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Oh the amount of people who won’t be allowed to wear swords now is going to make me giggle. :rofl:

I can almost heard the pace stick police warming up their parade square arguments.

Well if the SCC could do it with a “lesser” civvy commission then why not! I’ll wave mine around to feel a little special, if people disagree they can speak to the pointy end :joy:

1 Like

[quote=“Plt_Off_Prune, post:1384, topic:2647, full:true”]
Is there any of the following:

1. As a CFC officer, how do I complain about a VGS/AEF Officer who is VRT (plus the reverse)[/quote]

Speak directly to their OC who will redress them accordingly, and how it should be done, rather than putting in a service complaint (unless its absolutely required) which is what got the RAFAC in the mess its in now

See answer to 1

1 Like

can anyone post a pic of their letter?

Name and address redacted of course

6 Likes