VR(T) Commission Change

:rofl:

I fear an actual photograph would get me banned :wink:

Just wait for yours to arrive tomorrow.

I was very disappointed with my letter. I hoped it would put to bed the process of moving to the CFC. instead it was one and a quarter side of a4 with nothing new and still hints at the fact that it is still not done and dusted. Nothing new, at least she didn’t say it is what the volunteers wanted.
Also there were five sides of a4 of heavily
Spun and selected questions from ask the team.

1 Like

I think a lot of people will wake up soon after reading it

What I am not clear about is :- When we transfer to the new CFC and our current VR(T) commission finishes, will we become RAFVR(T) Retired (assuming requirements) on 1st November 2017 ? i.e. we would be RAFAC and RAFVR(T) Retired.

It’s mentioned as part of the FAQ’s. Current VR(T) can use RAFVR(T) Ret’d if they wish if they’ve met the already existing criteria.

Having not had my letter yet I may be jumping the gun, but here goes. I can see a number of references in this thread to the thought that under the new arrangements there will be no requirement for regular and reserve personnel to pay compliments to RAFAC officers. Will this be a 2 way street? Will RAFAC personnel, irrespective of rank, be expected to recognise those holding the Queen’s Commission by the paying of compliments, or do we move around RAF stations just ignoring each other?

I can see references in the recent, official statements that place CFC holders in the chain of command, inferior to regular and reserve officers of the same renk but superior of all officers of junior rank.

I haven’t seen anything, except perhaps the ramblings of the angry mob, that suggests that CFC holders will be pied by proper military

I therefore assume that the Queen’s Warrant for CFC officers has a formal legal status that is superior to the Queen’s Commission held by an individual who holds an inferior rank?

I do not believe that your commission gets upgraded every time you go up a rank.
It is a lesser, non-military commission but that is not directly related to whether or not complements are exchanged. The rank of the holder is, and if the intention is for compliments to be paid as before then that is what will happen.

Here’s a thought, on the subject of using RAFVR(T) Ret’d RAFAC, you can only used Ret’d if you qualify and if the Air Force Board approve it. That’s a lot of checking of personnel files to check and approve them another boat load of letters to people.

Next thought, remembrance parade will be interesting. I wonder how many people refuse to change over pins and get caught on photos.

In fact, if I’m VRT retired, can I just wear my pins on my No1s? I mean, what’s really going to be done about it?

1 Like

We may need to give people some leeway as I see supply of new pins to not quite meet demand.
Hell, we seem to struggle to get people realising you need to wear a tie with a jersey now!

In the letter it states that you must not wear VRT pins after the 31st…
If you don’t get the new pins in time would I be improperly dressed to attend temperance parade with no pins???

Nevermind the pins for No1’s… If I don’t get the correct rank slides in time, and I’m not allowed to wear VRT Pins then I guess I shall wear RAF regular braid a la VGS officers?

[quote=“big_g, post:1424, topic:2647, full:true”]
In the letter it states that you must not wear VRT pins after the 31st…[/quote]
So, no pins it is from November :wink:

That is a non-uniform event :wink:

2 Likes

The letter states that regular personnel are to pay compliments as usual.

Having just googled RAFAC shoulder titles and RAFAC pins and looked EC Snaiths, cadet kit shop and ripoff direct. Came up with the grand total of ■■■■■■ all. Nobody seems to be selling them.

Looks like come 1 Nov we all could be improperly dressed.

1 Like

Behold the field in which I grow my… ahem, “stuffs”. See that it is barren.

I’ve already posted above, I’ll wear the correct insignia as and when I get it through the appropriate channel. I’m certainly not going to worry myself too much about meeting arbitrary deadlines if the kit isn’t available.

5 Likes