VR(T) Commission Change

They’ve indicated on bader how the VR commission can be terminated - I don’t think I can share the method in the public domain.
And apparently, the ACF cannot use the same method…

I know but I’m not convinced. However more research warranted and not sure I can be bothered.

Go and read QRs, it says how a commission can be removed in there (And it is quite simple)

Under Chapter 38? That’s not accessible outside of DII / without going to HQ etc, or is it?

Then surely the below should also apply:
(5) In cases where it is considered appropriate to terminate an officer’s commission (including
compulsory retirement and being called upon to retire), pursuant to QR1027, no disposal action is to be taken until the officer has been afforded the opportunity to make representations in person in accordance with QR 1027(5).
(Page 38-3)

Exactly. Although it appears most of the regulations relate to transfer from active service to reserves there’s little discussed which relates to reserves being instructed to retire.

If they are using that (Para 2905) as the reasoning behind their method, they are in breach of QR’s and Para 2905(5) would apply, regardless what the original intent of that Para is.

I’m not a lawyer, but it seems that the courts would have a field day with this…

Having read the latest nonsense from CAC it does come across as overly dramatic, in a second rate, poor thriller style. It’s like she’s trying to build intrigue where there none.

The way she writes saying she can’t say anything is total and complete tosh. She and whoever supposedly has issued the silence directive seems to have lost track on reality, this is a pointless and unrequired change (unless you are part of the incompetence club) in youth organisations and not information that those working in the shadows seeking to overthrow the world, would be killing each for. So why not just say why this was put on hold and why and what people can’t agree on / finding difficult to sort out. The only danger I assume is making it clear what a bunch of no hopers have been working on it and in charge and how those overpaid individuals at the top of the cadet forces are only in it for themselves and protecting their own little worlds.

The only thing, as mentioned several times, is the legal side, although not being able to sort out the legal status of a few thousand people doing things in their spare time in a youth organisation just creates a mind-boggling picture of lacklustre management, the commissions don’t attract; holiday, pay (ie salary), pension, sickness benefits etc etc, so where’s the problem? I would have thought it would be straight forward as I never had any qualms over my status, even less now as a reborn CI.

So is RAF is going it alone (as suggested) without, as it appears, all the tees not being crossed and “eyes” dotted? If so is this going to mean changes in the small print when everyone else comes onboard.

This just smacks of people being unable to organise a wee dram in a distillery.

The only legitimate reason for not talking about something is sub-judice (ongoing legal action). Of course there are other reasons they may not wish to talk about it, all of which are more strategic and tactical so not to give the enemy a heads up.

1 Like

i would have said the whole debacle shows they couldn’t find their own backside with both hands, but i think you’ve gripped the esence of the plot - highly paid people, incompetence, dishonesty, empire building, backside-covering, delusion, humiliation, more dishonesty, some lying, another bucketfull of dishonesty, more delusion, and a streak of utter uselessness a mile wide running through the whole thing from start to finish.

do they have a Mess Webley at Sleaford Tech?

1 Like

Wonder what the fallout will be for those uniformed staff on Remembrance Parade wearing the wrong insignia all because the new insignia didn’t make it to squadrons in time!!

1 Like

A phrase like tough comes to mind

2 Likes

I would imagine that the response of pretty much everyone to this exhibition of prowess will be to consign any whining from the exhaulted ones to the round file.

It’s not as if they had a great deal of moral authority before this abortion of a process…

This is not something that has been communicated to current ACF officers.

I could avoid that risk by wearing civilian attire to the parade in my own community rather than parading wearing uniform, not in my own community. Its either that or say that I couldn’t give a monkeys for any comms that come out of handbrake house about being ‘incorrecly dressed’ :wink:

1 Like

There’s a saying: “poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine”

So if there’s a changeover on Fri 10 Nov and the badge police go out hunting for those incorrectly dressed, I know what my response would be…

4 Likes

Please stop swearing or attempting to circumvent the filter.

The intended method of removal of our commissions is in the CAC briefing document. WE have to do it ourselves.

relinquish verb
voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up.

On 1 Nov, all VRT commissions, (except the minority already identified as necessarily retained due to MAA or other legal requirements to be under the Armed Forces Act (AFA)) will be relinquished by order of the Defence Council .as soon as the CFC is awarded, it takes primacy as the commission used for the delivery of cadet activity

We will be ordered to voluntarily give up our commissions.

I’d love to see who’s going to handle the casework when people refuse. Or the threats that will ensue. “We will remove you from you command position”. Is that a promise, only I’ve been asking to step down for the last two years!

4 Likes