VR(T) Commission Change

I suppose it depends on what you consider long term.

At least it looks like the Army cared to start with. I don’t understand the term “accept the risk”. What risk? I don’t remember risks being discussed when this was first muted (although I’ve got a pretty good idea what the risks were).

I don’t see what relevance there is in the CAS agreeing with it. It doesn’t effect him, they might as well get Prince William to agree for all the difference it makes.

4 Likes

So much for moving everyone across at the same time… If the ACF have to wait to transition all current officers then so should the RAFAC and SCC…
2 types of commissions in the three services for 12 months wouldn’t of hurt them, plus it would of given them time to think what to do with the flying types so they move out of a VRT to another type of commission at the same time…

Accepted the risk of tribunals because what they are doing is potentially breaks some law somewhere.

4 Likes

So ‘all civil servants who wear uniform at our request, will transfer to the new (RAFAC) commission’. Will this include RC’s because as far as I understand, they aren’t FTRS?

Can we hope for a show of solidarity and all that?

A question I was asked earlier…

Is this being retrospectively applied? So that those officers who have retired as VR(T) also change over or do they stay the same?

You can’t take something off someone who isn’t in the game anymore.

Utter tosh, makes it sound like it is something that we wanted.
They haven’t got a clue and can’t even fund the change over of insignia.
From feeling resigned to the process I now feel anger towards it. Not a clue on how to manage volunteers.

I think it is time to grow that great big bushy beard because we are now civilians there is no way in law they can make me shave it off.

4 Likes

But you won’t be civilians. You’ll be holders of a military commission with in the RAFAC. An entity with no legal basis and which certainly hasn’t been authorised as a military force by parliament. I can’t see any problem there…

5 Likes

RCs are all FTRS now

DBS back in 30 days.Never happen.

Hahahaha. That’s worse than ours I think, although we did have similar before.

Sounds like the typical corporate spin we all get force fed these days.

If the nation (and by that I mean the MOD) valued its cadet forces, they’d have left well enough alone.

5 Likes

The whole thing stinks… Quite hypocritical saying everyone will have the CFC across the RAF/RN/Army Cadet Forces at the same time, but now the ACF officers can keep their current commissions for another 12 months…

That’s 12 months at the moment… that could move. It could also be abandoned at a whim just after CFC is given to SCC and ACO… but too late for us to turn back. #conspiracy

3 Likes

It was shared on our Bader System by Comdt Air cadets

In effect it says current ACF officers with the Type B commission will retain that in the interim, but this will be fully replaced with the CFC by 30 Sep 18.

What’s the reason for this delay in the ACF?
Part of me suspects the team bringing this in (Army heavy staffed) are worried so are testing it out with the RAF instead. I could be wrong, I often am.

The process to remove their commissions don’t seem to be as easy/straightforward as ours…

I’d suggest the process to remove VRT commissions isn’t that easy either. In fact I’d raise by saying unless there’s a resignation or discipline matter it doesn’t exist. This five year re sign on isn’t a mechanism either.

1 Like