VR(T) Commission Change

Have they got rid of time served Wing Commander now for contingent commanders?

I believe so.

1 Like

Always found that odd. Especially when they are run by a Wing Commander at HQAC level when the numbers would suggest they should be treated like a region and given a Group Captain. Made for a very top heavy organisation

Time served promotion to Wg Cdr is still very much in JSP313, but again, thatā€™s something that I believe will be abolished. It just takes longer in a tri-service organisation.

That said, itā€™s not necessarily inappropriate for the commanding officer of a CCF of 400+ cadets to be a Wing Commander - compare that to the size of some ATC wingsā€¦

Iā€™m sure Wg Cdr CCF would be delighted to be a Gp Capt - but remember the CCF(RAF) is (in a complicated way I canā€™t summarize in a sentence) ā€˜part of the Armyā€™ as well as part of the RAFAC. Youā€™re right that we are effectively the size of a region.

1 Like

We were briefed at Area level earlier this year that there will be no more time served promotions to Wg Cdr. JSP313 may still have it in but itā€™s unlikely that itā€™ll be invoked in the future.

Itā€™s ok. RC (N) has just confirmed he made a mistake and everyone will be rank RAFAC.

1 Like

I think he can also be forgiven, I appreciate his honesty

1 Like

Just to confirm, as Iā€™ve seen the bader confirmation; it will be rank name RAFAC for all uniformed ranks

{Walt alert on#
I wonder if I could use the post nominal in all of my corispondance as RAFVRT (Retd) instead of RAFAC?
#walt alert off)

1 Like

Probably RAFVR(T) (Remvd)

2 Likes

You know T you may have something there :rofl:

1 Like

RAFVR (Retā€™d)

I wonder if that is official, or has someone at HQAC just decided?

Iā€™m glad somebody else remembers reading that as well.
I thought I was losing my mind for a moment.

Well, why should you be any different?

1 Like

Is it just me or is there still a lack of a published warrant (and commission wording)? If it was signed and is now in force I donā€™t see why they canā€™t release it, unless it doesnā€™t actually exist yet and theyā€™re hoping no one noticesā€¦?

The question was asked a week or so ago.reply was mod have not given permission to release it see ask the team CFC on SharePoint

I was checking Iā€™d not missed an update as frankly itā€™s disgusting and arguably contrary to general public law principles that the MOD havenā€™t released it now its in force. The only explanation I can think is that itā€™s not actually finished yet/signed off but they didnā€™t want to delay implementation again as some civil servant didnā€™t want to lose face.

2 Likes

I wonder what the new officers got in the tube they are holding in the picture with the CAC where they are all pointing to the new rank slides :slight_smile:

Ahh but which way round are things being done.
Is it HQAC / AFB getting ahead of themselves OR the MoD being stroppy.

My money would be on the former.

1 Like