VR(T) Commission Change

It saves time and it prevents mishaps if absent-mindedly forgetting to swap thing over. It also allows for slides to be pinned in place on some garments to prevent them from rising on the epaulette and looking stupid.

Not lazy - just better prepared.

I for one will not be buying aditional rank slides. I will be wearing my jumper slides on MTP. RC (N) has agreed to this on the ask the team page on SharePoint.
If they are making changes like this they should manage it properly. Today I can wear braid as issued.Next week i will be have braid on blue backing on my MTP.

2 Likes

CFC update on SharePoint

It is happening I RAFVR commissions will cease to apply on 00:01 Hrs on the 2 Dec 17. Shame the shoulder titles for No1s and 5s have yet to turn up. WexO said when questioned that you will have to take of VRT pins and leave nothing on the uniform.

Oh dear. Another WExO making up policy. Surprised they didn’t tweet about it first!

1 Like

“Ceasing to apply” is not “ceasing to exist”…

Wasn’t that update from the 17 October?

New IBN is out

Not sure if you’ve seen it

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/QM/Controlled%20Documents/IBN%20007%20-%202017.docx&action=default

being discussed here

1 Like

Which randomly (being issued this month after the Oct update) still refers to VGS VRT?!? Coupled with no bashing of any kind being sent to the VGSs makes even more confusing as to whats goung on.

The dreadful new gilt pins are filtering out - they are on Sqns in my sector along with the new SNCO rank slides. I’ve yet to collect mine as I was visiting a neighboring Sqn last night.

The new pins are just as bad as the photo I saw last week. I will not wear them - so what, I don’t get to wear No1s, pffft, they’re my personal property, not issued, so I’ll only wear them if I feel like it.

Surely if people don’t like the new slides they could wear the gilt RAFAC pins on standard braid? Even if its just on Squadron where there won’t be anyone to complain

Saw these in the wild on Sunday at the Bands competition.

Also, there were some officers with their variants on - a comment from my assistant on the day was that yes, they assumed it was a regiment officer until they got quite close.

The slides aren’t too bad, but could have been better - the pins are gopping.

The pins in the photo look like they came out of a particularly cheap Christmas cracker…

As the toy, or as the bad joke?

1 Like

Who the hell designed those pins? A blind, drunk monkey?

The pins are a very bad joke, they look even worse in your hand…

I preordered the ‘extras’ I (and one of my officers) thought we’d need from Cadet Direct in advance of the official ones coming: more jumper blue (GPJ, raincoat etc) and MTP. They’ve come as a mixture of smaller and larger writing. I gather from the above discussion the larger writing is on the issued ones? (I’ve not had any yet…)

Where does that leave me, given I ordered from the Approved Supplier?

A silly boy. A you could come back to cadet direct and rise an issue. Or B. Take the hit as RAFAC stated folks should not buy.

I’ve a feeling that cadet direct went ahead when name change came out printed their own then RAFAC made their specs known cadet direct started getting rid of their ones