VR(T) Commission Change

The Twit Queen should be telling her HQ staff to put a copy on Bader, preferably accessible from the front page, not telling us to ask for it to happen. Dissemination via witter grips my …

It’s ok, we’ll work it all out somehow…

Perhaps we should ditch ‘Venture Adventure’ and adopt this as our new motto.

5 Likes

So WE NOW HAVE TO ASK FOR A COPY WTF

If this is the future of the corps; dictats on twitter, policy by Facebook. I fear for the future of this wonderful organisation.

1 Like

[quote=“the_silverback, post:2126, topic:2647, full:true”]If this is the future of the corps; dictats on twitter, policy by Facebook. I fear for the future of this wonderful organisation.
[/quote]
The worrying thing is “next year will try and get a media team there to tweet throughout” you can see this being the model.

I note the question has been asked on ask the team the reply is (RC N) has started it will be put.on bader once Auth is given to do so by MOD so CAC can’t agree or does not know what’s going on ffs

4 Likes

How does she keep her job?

6 Likes

This is one of the main issues around this!! Information from CAC on Twitter that gets rescinded when put out officially!
I am sure CAC wants this put to bed and her tweets reflect this! But please, please do it through the correct channels. Chain of Command works both ways!!!
2 days left to the can being kicked down the road again!

2 Days left no sight of Royal Warrant, no sight of new dress regs etc and in NI no new rank slides … Must be due knighted next

Why ere SNCOs not issued same as officers ie MTP, Blue etc slides

MTP ones aren’t being issued. They have to be purchased!
So SNCOs will get light blue and dark blue ones, same as Officers

Why would they be? The plan reflects the practice of the parent service.

1 Like

Nope, the SNCOs will get two pairs of the same colour. Their rank slides are embroidered similar to the current Staff Cadet slides. No need for separate wedgewood and BG backing.

And why is there no need clealy.there is for officers . No offence but given we are claimed to all be one no more VR T or ATC but all RAFAC and officers I understand will be issued with MTP slides etc or can but them why not SNCOs I mean even CIs wear them and we are in fact all civilians very soon

Previously only Junior officers would have backing material to match the uniform of the day, no offices wore the OG Braid, so why should SNCOs where MTP rank slides…

Can you imagine an officer rank slide with the embroidery directly on it? It’d look worse the what we’ve got now. Officers are following the precedent set by the RAF Regt with an embroidered backing. NCOs are following the precedent set by Regt NCOs, plus staff cadets and the old instructor cadets, of embroidering directly onto the slide.

And no, most officers (excluding those associated with SATTs or JL) won’t be issued MTP-backed slides. They’ll have to buy those, as they are not issued MTP.

I presume you’re a SNCO/WO - in which case I don’t see why you’re complaining. Officers will get a pair for Wedgwoods, a pair for the jumper, and that’s it. They have to wear those on any other uniform as well, unless they want to shell out for others - can you imagine Wedgwood Slides on MTP?

SNCOs/WOs, meanwhile, will get slides that can be worn on any and all uniforms, as they won’t have to match the uniform. This means you won’t have to buy any more.

It’s clear who has the better deal.

2 Likes

It actually means I’ll be stiffed out of around 5 pairs of rank slides as they won’t be issued as a 1:1 replacement and I really cannot be scunnered switching slides between garments. I guess I’ll need to buy some more.

Only if you want to avoid having to swap them around all the time…

I do get your point, I agree that a bit more though could be given to the issue numbers. A bit more thought could’ve been given to the whole process, tbh.

Why buy more are you not being lazy not removing and then replacing it save you money