Volunteer allowance cut from 28 days to 10, anyone else heard this wild rumour?

I was having a social cup of tea with an OC from my old unit who said that Flt Lt X was having a meeting with a certain high ranker from HQAC and that he had heard that VA was being cut from 28 days to 10 days. Anyone else heard this ? Personally I do wayyyyyy over my 28 days and keep my other half particularly un-informed about it. If its cut to 10 days then I am afarid that after forty years as an RCO, SAAI and FCI apart from my other duties I’m off, its only the VA that keeps peace at home and this year I did 69 days, it was the first time that I had to justify why I was doing so much. In future I wont do 3 camps, 6 Fieldcraft weekends, 6 shooting, 12 IWT and various other days. They can go whistle, I love it but not enough to lose all those weekends and days off, let them find some other mugs, I dont need all this mandatory training, clearances, courses etc just to give all my time away.

4 Likes

Discussed here but no one knows.

Best bet is wait until the 7th and see if anything on the topic is announced then.

There’s also a link to a form you can submit questions with if you want to ask for clarification on the issue.

If this is ever confirmed then I’ll reopen this thread.

3 Likes