Virtual Parade Night Resources

With virtual parade nights being the only way we can keep cadets going, and it seems we’ll be in lockdown for a while yet. . . !

On Microsoft Teams there is a Virtual Parade Night Resources Team for everyone to share their ideas and material.

Already there are loads of resources to STEM activities, Quizzes being created for classification training and even people talking about Drill and Uniform training via teams!

To join, log in to Teams and click the Join or create team button at the bottom of the Teams screen and enter the following code in to join this new resource: 3btomj4

4 Likes

Pushing this out to our wing tomorrow as part of our weekly mail drop

1 Like

That’s brilliant. I’m loving the collaboration of Teams tbh! Two thumbs up!

Anyone else got any idiot proof click and run activities?

The scouts have been doing some great work in activities to run at home.

The Winter Camp is a great example of that.

https://wintercamp.org.uk/badges?section=Scout

1 Like

They also have loads of activity ideas on their national website.
Activities

1 Like

A new activity tonight. The wife and I purchased a game called Sherlock Holmes: Consulting detective, which isn’t exactly a board game, but acting as the DM, I was able to do it over Teams, sharing the key images from the books.

Cadets, led by the OC, did a better job at it than I did!

3 Likes

I have signed up with’Teams’ However the code above is not working?

Are you logged into Teams with your Bader account?

No just my own personal account

That’ll be why then, you need to be logged into teams with a. Bader account to be able to access any RAFAC Teams resources

1 Like

:disappointed:
I’ve only ever used Westminster

Speak to your TEST SNCO they will give you the login details for your Badger account. Or your SSI will have their login details because they will be entering the cadets on to SMS so they can take their classification exams

1 Like

Sorry for being a pain?.. but I now have access to team via Bader however the code 3btomj4 isn’t working for me

Try using the link I sent on the other thread. It takes you to the same place.
Virtual Parade Night Resources

I’ve got a presentation I did on ASACs and Q and ISTAR if that is any use to you

1 Like

I’m really looking for fun online learning stuff… rather than PowerPoint Presentations etc…
like RAF Based quizzes etc

Not really learning as such, I’d agree with the previous posters about ‘Among us’. It gives them the social buzz they are missing from being face to face.

By all means dress it up as communication skills, problem solving or working as a team if you’re looking to justify letting them play games all night!

2 Likes

It’s the 30th anniversary of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy this year.
The BBC have relaunched the game that was originally written by Douglas Adams and launched in 1984

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - The Game