Uniform to weddings/funerals

That’s actually pretty cool and I’d be totally be onboard with that.

1 Like

750 was what we were told… Some stations have waivers to replace the sword if damaged beyond repair.

Basically we were told take the swords off the officers after the official bit and before they start on the orange juice

3 Likes

The irony being that the non-public swords (from the Halton pool at least) were already in pretty iffy condition.

In addition to the deposit they strongly encourage that you take out insurance too.

As for ‘guidance’ it is a requirement of the hire to confirm that all persons have received or will receive sword drill training from a DI.

2 Likes

I had to make an application to marry in uniform back in the mid-90’s. It went through the system and ended up with both Stn SyO and the Stn Cdr. Quick brief on Persec to me and the GoH; and permission was granted.

Took around a week from application to permission IIRC and there were absolutely no dramas during the process.

Mind you, I was an NCO then so sword-fighting wasn’t an issue.

Yeah this aswell

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prince Philip has died aged 99

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prince Philip has died aged 99

Same here but at that time I had to apply to the Station Commander for Approval, and then had to get Station Warrant officer to inspect me in it.

1 Like

Interestingly I’ve just received my invite to the wife’s cousin’s wedding. She’s marrying a sapper and they’ve requested military/cadet uniform as the dress code.

3 Likes

CI poloshirt?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

God no… Jumper

3 Likes

Suit, armband and lapel badge please.

3 Likes

No, no, no!

Wedding uniform for a RAFAC CI should surely be; brown dust coat, CI armband, flat cap and risk assessment on a clipboard?

Peter Sellers would have nailed it.

7 Likes

Would resemble another uniformed youth organisation :neutral_face::neutral_face::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

So have we come to agreement, that yes you can, make sure in doing so it follows the wishes of the happy couple, and don’t make idiots of yourself and the organisation at large in the process?

And if you really want a sword fight, change into a suit for evening, get a blow up paddling pool full of balls and some plastic cutlasses from a toy shop…

2 Likes

…and just don’t use expressions like “sword fight” if it’s the wedding of a Para.

4 Likes

That or Last of the Summer Wine

1 Like

This just made me think of the verger from Dad’s Army…

??

and some words to make up the required content.

I wore my No1s with sword when I got married 20 years ago and I had 5 Ushers that wore theirs and were also with swords.

At the time, the only requirement was to gain written approval from my Wing Commander. Swords were loaned from Halton but the Ushers and I had to attend a 1 day sword drill course.

Personally I felt very proud and honoured to wear my No1s and no, I’m no walt. It’s up to the individual and their partner to discuss and as long as you get approval from the appropriate channels then why not?

7 Likes