Uniform Queries (RAFAC/CCF/ATC) (Includes Rank Slides)

It was allowed several years ago with an approvals process and everything, then it was taken out of the manual. So technically not but no one who isn’t a cretin cares. (You would probably get it in the neck now as you would be a) on your own and b) hadn’t been through an approvals process).

Please don’t make me change over from the RAF to RAFAC TRF, I hate sewing.

1 Like

Sewing through those blanking patches is like trying to sew through steel aswell

3 Likes

I bought a blanking plate from combat logos with the TRF actually sewn into the plate. (So no TRF patch, just threads in the MTP plate).

3 Likes

Still (well, newly changed to be) allowed if you’re CCF I believe

Think as long as they demonstrate historic approval they can other wise follow current regs…

RAF TRFs are readily available from station stores. Anything RAFAC specific will be a logistical challenge and we’d end up with people wearing a mix, or none.

But the agreement is we as an org pay for stores to issue them

Time for a central uniform warehouse of our own. Under our control and with our stock.

All cadets issued centrally via an amazon type system.
Cadets and staff to pay for own uniforms.

Other supply items for Sqns can be held for distribution from these stores also.

Cost price items for Sqns.

Etc etc.

2 Likes

Amen to that

Agree up to this point.

Plenty of cadets already struggle to pay for no. 3 uniform and not all squadrons have the funds to provide it.

1 Like

But if you pay for it yourself you’ll look after it more and there is likely to be a better second hand market

1 Like

And staff!

Here, here.

Our sqn is in a deprived area and we’ve had parents struggle to buy parade shoes never mind No3 uniform.

4 Likes

I’ve been staff at a Sqn whose catchment area includes a ward which has repeatedly been listed as the most deprived in the UK at various points in the last 20 years. It was a bit of an eye-opener tbh

2 Likes

I’m lucky to work on a base, and can get friendly with the staff there for part worn kit.

When the change to MTP happened and the regs dumped the DPM, I walked away with bags of the stuff, which I happily deposited at other sqns around the sector.

All for a friendly hello, and a crate or three of beers.

However…not all squadrons are as fortunate as me, or have staff elsewhere in the organisation who are willing to part with excess kit.

Whilst that is true other youth orgs have to pay for uniform (including leaders).

Maybe better to have a reliable good quality supply that has to be paid for, and a system to help those who can’t afford it, than the current half way house.

That’s because you’re not doing it right… :wink:

I’m convinced that was never meant to be permitted.
Those old Nijmegen ACTI dress regs said “you can wear OG lightweights, with OG shirt and green neckerchief; or you can wear blue lightweights, with blue shirt and blue neckerchief”… But it was written in such a way that confused some people, the ‘OG and blue’ was born, and it spiralled from there.

I’ve now resorted to the tailor for everything… I don’t have the skill or patience for sewing