Transferring CFC between Cadet Forces

Surprised no-one has yet mentioned about LaSER’s new shooting officer…

1 Like

The direct transfer from ACF > Region Staff.

CFC is a CFC

I assume was the best applicant, while also not creating a RAFAC hole somewhere on a Sqn.

I’m pretty M’eh about it

Genuine question, is it though?

Would the army cadets allow a Flight Lieutenant to join them as a Captain?

Is captain the same “post-holder ranked” shenanigans as Flt Lt is?

Don’t know much about the ACF truth be told; maybe 2 pips would be more in line with a Flt Lt?

Regardless, I was just wondering if it is as easy as that to shift between cadet forces, as from here and anecdotally I thought RAFAC staff wanting to change had previously had to resign and then start again…

On my appointment letter it clearly states that I am appointed to a CFC for service within the RAFAC… so I thought it had been discussed before and that moving around is not easy or encouraged…?

Don’t know how the ACF feel, but an ex ACF captain looking to join ATC that I knew of a couple of years back wasn’t going to be sent to OASC at the very least. Don’t know what came of it.

But we’re now away from WOs crossing over.

It is possible to swap between - not easy, but possible. A staff member on my unit a while back transferred from VR(T) to ACF due to a job change which required them to wear a green suit and not a blue one.

With anything like this if someone wants it to happen and is able to convince someone it’s desirable or they’re the right person it will happen, with minimum hassle.

People must see this sort of thing in their day jobs and may even be that individual who gets the nod.

Several years ago, (and I know it was pre-CFC) I considered transferring from the ATC to the ACF. I was invited to an interview with the County Commandant, his Deputy and the equivalent of a WExO.

The Deputy Commandant was at pains to point out that I would have to accept a demotion from Flt Lt to Lt. I told him in no uncertain terms that I had several years seniority in the rank, had been the Wg Trg Off for 5 years and I had no intention of ‘stepping down’. His face twisted and I said: ‘I think I’m done here. thank you for your time, gentleman’.

The Commandant and WExO asked me to retake my seat and more or less asked the Deputy to keep quiet (although politely). The Commandant went on to say that keeping my rank wouldn’t be an issue and we discussed other topics as part of the interview. He did say though, that I’d have to send all my application docs to Westbury in order to transfer commissions (as the CFC wasn’t around then).

A week or so later, I was contacted by their WExO equivalent and asked if I was interested in coming across in the role of County Training Officer. I politely declined because I wasn’t going to work under that Deputy Commandant.

Quite how it now works with the CFC, I’m not sure but its possibly a lot easier.

It is not. You must resign one CFC commission and start a new CFC with the new service.

Is the correct answer. Also, yes, this was a case of best applicant: fairly advertised, sifted, interviewed, etc. Commissioning process was dealt with effectively as a ‘re-entrant’ commission.