Training Programme Creator Software

Anyone fancy trying out my new training programme creator software?

It has a few handy features, including:

1. List of all ATC subjects, and storing of your custom lesson titles. So for example if last time you ran basic nav you taught “compasses”, “weather” and “land nav techniques”, next time you select basic nav as a subject those will show up as options (but you can still enter your own custom titles each time)

2. Each instructor can rate the a subject by their interest/expertise in the subject, and so will show up in that order when the subject is selected - so if “Z Zacharia” has rated basic nav as “5” (the highest interest rating) then he’ll show up further up the list than “A Aaaronson” who has only selected “3”.

3. The programme also records whether an individual is qualified, and warns when selecting an unqualified individual for a subject that requires a qualification

4. Colour-coding for days of the week and uniform type for easy reference on the printed programme

Only system requirements are MS Access 2000 or later.

Note - it’s also configurable for CCF, ACF, scouts or indeed pretty much any group, really!

https://aircadetcentral.net/acc-drive/?drawer=TRAINING%20PROGRAMME%20CREATOR

I’d be interested in trying it out.

Side note, if squadrons want/need software like access then they can get it here ( tt-exchange ) for £20, Windows 7 for £7, etc etc

1 Like

Drop me a PM or email training.2293

Yes please, Matt!

[quote=“mprentice1” post=23077]I’d be interested in trying it out.

Side note, if squadrons want/need software like access then they can get it here ( tt-exchange ) for £20, Windows 7 for £7, etc etc[/quote]

I’ve asked someone before, but how did you get that? They turned me down…

[quote=“pEp” post=23082][quote=“mprentice1” post=23077]I’d be interested in trying it out.

Side note, if squadrons want/need software like access then they can get it here ( tt-exchange ) for £20, Windows 7 for £7, etc etc[/quote]

I’ve asked someone before, but how did you get that? They turned me down…[/quote]

To be fair, I haven’t actually got anything from them, just intend to try in the near future.
Since every squadron is a registered charity?

Thread hijack!

No, each squadron isn’t a registered charity. We are exempted charities and the GPF is a registered charity IIRC. I explained who we were and what we did and they wouldn’t have any of it.

Hi Matt, I’m interested - still using Batfink’s excel version here :slight_smile:

Yup, I’ve tried this route too to get free Office software and they won’t have any of it. What pEp says is correct; we aren’t registered charities. There is a subtle but important difference!

I give it a try … please…

1 Like

Would like to give it a try. oc.739 please and thanks!

Steve

Happy to test, just picked up Trg Off again

Yes, I would like to test this. PM sent

Simple interface which I like but it threw up an error code 're instructors 2105 I think other than that it’s clean, simple and hopefully staff might find it easy to use.

I’ve sent you a PM Matt, would love to try it out.

Matt,

is it portable? ie will it go online? If it’s access the it’s a database (of sorts).

Maybe we can work together and make it a tool that’s easily accessible?

cheers,

DJ

Would also be keen to add my interest as a beta tester (willing to liaise with you, MikeBravo, if this ITT has been over-subbed)

wilf_san

Re the Error code - I’ve realised what it was (I deleted too much stuff from the file!).

If you haven’t already done much with it then the simplest solution is just to re-download the file (the hosted version is fixed now) - if you’ve already starting adding to it then I can talk you through the fix.

[quote=“djrice” post=23166]Matt,

is it portable? ie will it go online? If it’s access the it’s a database (of sorts).

Maybe we can work together and make it a tool that’s easily accessible?

cheers,

DJ[/quote]

Happy to work with you - not quite sure what you mean about portable - it’s an Access front end/back end based database which (in my sqn) we’re hosting on Google Docs which gives it some portability (however it does cause issues with version control and conflicts if we’re not careful). Being a front/back type file it works nicely on a network.

Hi Yes would love to try it oc.1459

Thanks

[quote=“MattB” post=23185]
Happy to work with you - not quite sure what you mean about portable - it’s an Access front end/back end based database which (in my sqn) we’re hosting on Google Docs which gives it some portability (however it does cause issues with version control and conflicts if we’re not careful). Being a front/back type file it works nicely on a network.[/quote]

I’m jst wondering if it could be converted to mySQL etc. for an online version?

Is it worh investigation?

cheers