Too many cookies?

Recently I have come across this error message quite frequently:

[color=#ff0000]Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
Apache/2 Server at localhost Port 80
[/color]
It does seem to be fixed by clearing the most recent cookies however the message occurs normally when there are between 93 and 96 cookies set, then pressing the browser back button breaks it. Also at one point clicking on a link also broke it however it seems to be normally when going back.

I’m running chrome 31.0.1650.63 m on Server 2008 R2, anyone else having the same problem?

I was getting that quite recently, though on firefox.
I had to delete all of the aircadetcentral.net cookies.

Just had the problem on Chrome. As you say deleting all the cookies for the site stops the problem.

I have absolutely no idea what you are all on about!!

I too had the same problem on Firefox. As with others, clearing the cookies fixed it.

It’s geek-speak mate…

A new language devised especially for the youth of today. You want to hear my two boys…

Being Diabetic I find it quiteupsetting that when looking at new websites they keep offering me cookies…

How interesting - it’s not an error I’ve ever seen!

I need to make the site EU cookie law compliant again, the law has changed - again.

Whilst doing this I shall look into whether the number of cookies can be reduced.

cheers

DJ

I’ve had a quick look, and added a notification that complies with the EU Cookie Law.

From an initial logged-in visit ACC sets 9 cookies, 3 of which are for the archive.

This number will increase the more you contribute to the forum so the system can remember what you’ve done for your usability.

As with any on-line activity cookies and other artefacts are left behind and it is ‘good practice’ to regularly clear out your internet caches.

This clearing not only keeps your computer running smoothly but helps to protect you from hackers and fraud.

many thanks

DJ

If your using an iPhone you can’t clear the warning off as the ok/close button isn’t visible.

This utility is very good at cleaning off the rubbish (also available for Mac):

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Spywareblaster is quite handy too:

I’m having the same issue on Windows Phone, can’t get rid of the cookies warning. Can you not just make it part of the page rather than a floating pop up?

I had a cookie for every page I visited when I got the message and deleted them all.
I must have had about 50 cookies, no wonder the site couldn’t cope (if they are sent on every page load).

Additionally, I can’t attach a screenshot.

I’ve tweaked the floater! Is it ok now?

I’ll check the settings for screenshot uploads

:dry:

Goodness me, the things the admins do for us…

I got the message last night, but on firefox. I deleted the cookies and it’s all back to normal now :slight_smile:

I keep getting the following error in Chrome:

[quote]Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
Apache/2 Server at localhost Port 80[/quote]

Clearing the recent history (cookies inc) solves the issue.

I’m getting the problem recurring fairly regularly. It seems like the ACC cookie jar needs to be emptied every now and again, which is annoying.

I have had to delete all the cookies again as I was getting an error. :unsure:

I too get the error fairly regularly and need to empty my cookie jar :unsure: