Too many cookies?

The irony is that everything was fine with the site, I’d opened a few topics already, no problems…until I wanted to view this thread.
That proved to one too many and I got the error again :stuck_out_tongue:

I seem to get it every few days.

Same here, so far as I can remember it always happens when I click on ‘Recent’, probably because that is the page I visit the most :slight_smile:

I got this error today for the first time.

After looking at some of the domain cookies, it appears that every thread you read saves its own cookie. I deleted 3, and it worked until I viewed 3 more threads!

Good investigative work… I’ll take that off the list of things to do tonight. :slight_smile:

I wonder, do browsers set a Max for the number of cookies a site can deliver? Or is it the site that doesn’t like that many?

I’ll have to look into it.

Cheers

DJ

[quote=“djrice” post=15131]I wonder, do browsers set a Max for the number of cookies a site can deliver? Or is it the site that doesn’t like that many?

I’ll have to look into it.

Cheers

DJ[/quote]
It’s the site. I forgot to paste the exact error message, but it was the one that says the header size was above the limit and wouldn’t be accepted by the server.

Thanks,

I’ll take a look soonest

[Update]

OK I’ve tweaked something!

Can all please clear their cookies out and see how many you get now.

cheers

DJ

Just happened to me this afternoon.

After clearing out the cookies, once I’m logged back in again with the ‘remember me’ box ticked, my ACC cookies now seem to remain at 11 no matter how many topics I visit. There no longer appear to be topic specific cookies.

I reckon that will have cracked it.