Teams Training - what are you doing? And how?

When I tried it, it wouldn’t let guests (cadets) view it :frowning:

Likewise

1 Like

Me too. Only accessible to people within the org.

If you want an option that does not require a login then try excalidraw which is open source, encrypted and free.

We too can’t use the whiteboard function - I thought this was mentioned in the early days either here or on the mass Teams Team?

So those of us who can window share our inbuilt whiteboards on our fancy pants touchscreens.

Team, Team, Team. Team! I even like saying the word. TEAM!

Which Teams Team is your team a Team in on Teams’ Teams?

There is no ‘I’ in team… but there is in whIteboard… :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

At least it’s not me just being a mong.

@james_elliott i was led to believe it was because we’re not operating under an educational license which Is why cadets can’t see the whiteboard.

Being a total novice where MS Teams is concerned, can anyone tell me how many people you can have in a virtual classroom with the free version?

Before I go and hoike out loads of money for the paid version.

You can have 250 attendees in a Teams Meeting in the RAFAC environment which is readily available to you as part of your bader account :slight_smile:

250 faces on the screen? Do RAFAC have the free or paid version?

MS Teams supports 9 concurrent video streams on display in a 3x3 grid depending on personal bandwidth.

RAFAC has a paid for E1 Microsoft 365 licence that allows for 1:Many Video & Voice Calls/Meetings

Don’t start paying your own money for Teams.

It’s not my money (fortunately!) - it’s my company.

We’re going down the road of online training which alongside the learning platform we’ve invested in, we need to set up virtual classrooms.

I’m looking for something that can accommodate up to a maximum of 14 video streams at any one time.

The word on the street is that Teams will shortly move to 49 visible participants, if that helps?

2 Likes

I could do with an excuse to upgrade my second monitor…

Here’s a weird thing with Teams that happened recently.

Last week, I was invited to a tribunal hearing set up by the Tribunal Service itself.

I clicked on the guest link, and it opened Teams automatically, I was logged in still with my cadet log in, we don’t have it at work as a full program, so I’m meant to use it for work, as the cadets do with us. Except, that when I used my cadet account, I had admin control over the hearing. I had the power to kick or admit the other parties into the meeting, same as the judge.

That seems a bit broken to me.

It’s the same as when cadets join but are logged into their school account. Teams seems to have an issue with distinguishing between different organisations.

1 Like

Just seen this.
It’s a scouting activity but I’m sure that won’t stop people from joining in!