Tayside Aviation Bust

Probably too small to warrant a full audit.

Up to the companies/organisations contracting with them to conduct their own due diligence.

Oh, like RAFAC…? :wink:

Exactly.

1 Like

So will Seeding Hedge be able to supply suitably secure accommodation for 16 year old cadets?

Hopefully yes, but if not why would they have got the contract?

Don’t know where that would be in that area?

In this maybe?

1 Like

Are they sharing with the accommodation that CAE uses?

1 Like

CAE moved out and the accommodation was demolished last year.

Used to work at Kiddlington about 5 years ago, behind the times.

Had an update within our wg, basically do not worry, tendering process will continue, awaiting formal information from the Ivory Towers.

1 Like

Was it actually an update from HQ based on facts, or just some keen CFAV who’s read the news?

Indirectly, the former (via region).

1 Like

It’ll be a holding pattern for at least 2 weeks I would suspect

Two weeks? Unless the tendering process was a good part of the way down the line, I suspect a lot longer.

Then, when the tender is allocated, who will be doing the audit for trg standards, etc, etc. That’ll be another month at least, plus any areas that need to be improved / re-audited…

1 Like

I was thinking more while they work out what is occurring to then provide some sort of meaningful update

perhaps not but a timely note wouldn’t be misplaced.

you may have seen our former ACFS provided has gone bust, we are aware of the situation (insert link to original announcement) we are working with options for the new provider who we hope to announce in Spring 2024

or words to that effect
(if it difficult to over communicate or over update)

Well, if the tender process had been completed / allocated, that would be easy peasy.

“New contract for ACPS has been awarded to XXXX, we are very much looking forward to this new focus with XXXX & we will soon announce full details of how this new contract will be managed within RAFAC.”

Otherwise, a simple “wait, OUT” message with brief (no commercially sensitive) details would be adequate & appropriate. Saying nothing with potentially quite a long wait is not really an option.

However,

1 Like

exactly this and why i posted what i did

Think we posted at the same time - great minds think alike. :wink:

Announcement on Sharepoint letting people know about this and confirming the tendering process is still ongoing for a new supplier. Good to have a bit of an update, if a week late :slight_smile:

3 Likes