Sir Chris Hoy - RAFVT(T)?

[quote]Plt Off Prune wrote:
The legal status of those same VR(T) full timers is being debated as it looks, legally, like someone has made a FUBAR. [/quote]

Interesting… care to elaborate?

Cheers
BTI

[quote=“bti” post=17146][quote]Plt Off Prune wrote:
The legal status of those same VR(T) full timers is being debated as it looks, legally, like someone has made a FUBAR. [/quote]

Interesting… care to elaborate?

Cheers
BTI[/quote]

PM response…

[quote=“MattB” post=17132][quote=“steve679” post=17125]and as i understand it, WExOs hold a honorary rank of Sqn Ldr are are RAFR rather than RAFVRT

they are civil servants not RAF Officers and so were not eligible for the jubilee medal…

but we are getting off topic now…[/quote]Topic split?

I thought that recent appointees in the role were VR(T). Whether they wear the badge is another matter![/quote]That’s what I thought - 99% sure that London WExO is RAFVR(T) and wears the pins.[/quote]

I believe the WExO in question double hatted as both a WExO and a sqn OC up until reasonably recently. I don’t know how he worked around the RAFR/VR(T) issue though

There are some WExO’s who have never held the rank in the RAF, and some at HQAC, who have been given RAFVR(T) status. You cannot be given RAFR Sqn Ldr/Gp Capt status unless you held Sqn Ldr/Gp Capt rank (or higher) during your service career. The last Regn Cmdt C&E was VRT because he retired as a regular Wg Cdr, not Gp Capt. I don’t think he ever wore the insignia though. The WExO London is ex-WO AAC and was also CO of a Sqn in TV Wing until recently. A good chap. The point is the V in VRT stands for Volunteer and I cannot see why full time civil servants need the status. WExO N Yorks is an ex RAF WO and never uses his VRT rank or wears a uniform in order to do his job.

that is a good point well made

Talking of VR(T) it appears that the old rumour of Sgts/FSgts/WO being given VR(T) has surfaced againwith 4 different members of the Corps informing meit was going to happen in the last 2 weeks…

i heard Devon and Somerset Wing were invited to complete a survey on the matter…

A friend if mine completed it for Greater Manchester Wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The survey was sent to all WWOs for distribution to their respective SNCO cadres.

Ah. The grapevine method of dissemination then. #whybotherwithbader

Interesting fact:

Did you know that a group of wing SNCOs requested their own version of SharePoint? Not just a dedicated area, THEIR OWN FULL VERSION for SNCO’s only. :popcorn:

Interesting cos no-one has asked me and non of the NCOsin this wing have mentioned such a Survey…

Interesting cos no-one has asked me and non of the NCOsin this wing have mentioned such a Survey…[/quote]
Some WWOs are more efficient than others :slight_smile:
Anyway, the email only came out on Friday.

[quote=“pEp” post=17216][quote=“MattB” post=17132][quote=“steve679” post=17125]and as i understand it, WExOs hold a honorary rank of Sqn Ldr are are RAFR rather than RAFVRT

they are civil servants not RAF Officers and so were not eligible for the jubilee medal…

but we are getting off topic now…[/quote]Topic split?

I thought that recent appointees in the role were VR(T). Whether they wear the badge is another matter![/quote]That’s what I thought - 99% sure that London WExO is RAFVR(T) and wears the pins.[/quote]

I believe the WExO in question double hatted as both a WExO and a sqn OC up until reasonably recently. I don’t know how he worked around the RAFR/VR(T) issue though[/quote]Indeed, but I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him wearing Sqn Ldr tapes with VRT insignia (although I suppose he could have been an OC of a large Sqn?)

And was never seen again :whistle:

And was never seen again :whistle:[/quote]
Would you like a copy?

[quote=“Plt Off Prune” post=17332]Interesting fact:

Did you know that a group of wing SNCOs requested their own version of SharePoint? Not just a dedicated area, THEIR OWN FULL VERSION for SNCO’s only. :popcorn:[/quote]

Such a site has been designed and the previous CACWO fully supported the idea, I though the whole Officers v SNCOs was all because they were not VRT and that officers looked down on the NCO cadre!!

I want my own CI SharePoint Site, wouldn’t want to associate myself with these uniformed types…

I want my own just for Flt Lts too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two SNCOs have completed returns for this - came out from a WWO from down south who has been tasked with looking into this…

And was never seen again :whistle:[/quote]
Would you like a copy?[/quote]

What questions does it ask?