Shots at Trump

Not condoning l, was thinking along the lines that it sounds like a really bad publicity stunt.

Lack of training / marksmanship / proficiency…?

Perhaps restricted to an air rifle…?

2 Likes

Ahem - wash your mouth out! I’ve lost count of our sqn’s tally of marksman badges - or the number of cadets who have gone straight from air rifle to L98 - very successfully with badges to show for it.

Latest news states gunman was there from the very early hrs of the morning:

He had been lurking there on the public side of a fence since 01:59 local time on Sunday morning, according to mobile phone records, cited by federal officials.

And:

But Secret Service director Ronald Rowe said on Monday that the former president was “not even really supposed to go there”, so agents had to put together a security plan at the last minute.

So, apparently no IR security sweep (do they use drones?), or perimeter search?

1 Like

My good sir, we (in my former unit at least!) didn’t even bother with Air Rifles for the most part. We had a handful but barely enough to train a smallish RAF contingent. Plus we host a far larger Army Contingent, and a Navy Contingent now too. We pretty much exclusively use L98, if we use any weapons at all. We have in past trained on Air Rifle, but we rarely do. We did once for the Regional Air Sqns Trophy and that was it, to my knowledge.

1 Like

Probably very different local circumstances - & I presume, CCF-based.

1 Like