No WWOs in CCF. I’m wearing mine tonight. Just for … And giggles

3 Likes

Don’t be one of them :joy:

1 Like

We’re not parading tonight though.

4 Likes

However uniform on Teams is now in 1358C

I’m going to assume that was a mistake like the beret thing

if attending video conferencing meetings that specify uniform is required.

Just don’t specify uniform required. Simples.

To be fair, it does make it “legal” to wear at home on Teams, which might have been slightly ambiguous before.

Sadly this is nothing new, and Id say there is definately the possibility these are regular officers.

Back in the 80;s and 90s during my time in the blue /grey suit whenever we did our Battlefield and shooting training in DPM there was always at least one officer usualy Sqn Ldr or above who would in his straight out of the packet DPM, Light Blue Shirt and tie SD hat and DMS shoes I kid you not… it was certainly the very much the case with the medical officers from the hospital site at Halton much to the dismay of the Regiment NCOs .

Warminster Firepower Demo late 80s
One Sqn Ldr pilot in shiny DPM, blue and tie and SD hat (at least he resisted flying suit and Smock)
Plt Off in his best ‘steely killer’ Silvermans purchased greens
12 assorted Sgts and below in every combination of mixed green and blue you can think of - no matching pairs

2 coaches of Guards arrive, disembark, and 120 clones march up the hill
SNCO decides we should form up and march up behind them…

…2 officers seen perambulating as far away as was possible
thats-funny

2 Likes

He’s wearing a glengarry with a thistle and crown as a cap badge and rank insignia, therefore he’s a Lord Lieutenant of the Scots variety

2 Likes

A Laird Lieutenant? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nope, not Cadets - here’s the full story on the RAF Lossiemouth Facebook page! Redirecting...

#TeamLossie welcomed several VIP guests recently as Exercise Readiness Bull continued.

1 Like

Yeah I bet

Nice non-standard smock.

This is like warming everyone up for an argument about how tightly we should follow the dress regs.

https://www.facebook.com/387602894761437/posts/1764649003723479/

The scottish gent in question

I think purple hair with the matching fleece is more my thing :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s a para smock, evidently a parachute qualified rock. No front epaulette to snag , press stud buttons and elasticated cuffs to prevent billowing on exit.

MB

2 Likes