Relevance of our Ambassadors and Honorary Appointees

Who cares if it should? It does.

the way CAC told me about it, it was Carol’s decision to set it up, not a request “oh Caz, would you might fluttering your eye lashes at those big wigs for us…”

we (RAFAC) are not relying on anyone or thing, it shows that CV is the right person as an ambassador utitlising her connections to best effect

are they well connected? or are they just senior RAF personnel who are connected to the senior RAF and wider MOD?

CAC indicated to me that she gets text message out of the blue and often can’t keep up with CV’s passion and has to try reign her in with some ideas

sounds like your bitter about this topic @Teflon and i cant work out why.
Cadets are getting opportunities - who cares how or who set it up…

1 Like

Bitter about this topic?

9 Likes

Has anybody told dawn that???

3 Likes

Carol does a good job and sets a good standard for people.
It would be good to get a couple more people involved and have them get about more not just the high profile corps events but some of the smaller wing and regional events…

Someone mentioned Jessica Ennis-Hill someone like that turning up at not corps sports but maybe wing or regional sports and going in the local press could be a great interest for local level of and in courage more involvement at a local level.

4 Likes

I had a really busy day today at work and got thinking…

Someone said who is the ambassador meant to be for… as most cadet age kids wouldn’t know who Carol is.

If you think about it, how many kids actively watch the news or read news papers?
The athletes we spoke of are remembered for how long after they win a medal? So unless it is some mindless moronic muppets (step forward the kadarshions or what ever) that’s on tv, faceache or Twitter then most cadet aged kids may never of heard of them…
In reality we are looking for an ambassador who can make adults look up and say to their kids “look at this” or I want to get involved in that.
If they can say to their contacts I’m doing this you should really see what they do and get involved then that’s and extra bonus…

I feel that people are employed and do nothing except bathe in the reflected glory of something like this should be doing more.
I would argue that that they have little or no any influence etc in the wider RAF/MOD to make a better experience for cadets. The last 4 years or more have shown that.

Like that gets a good response from kids.
I still think that we need people the youngsters know or will have heard about and we should be looking at sportsmen, sportswomen, actors, actresses and then music, to give them some ownership. What we don’t want are people that parents go I know who they are and the kids look at you blank faced. We still get this from the kids when me and the Mrs talk about things. If someone is a success does it really matter in which field they are successful or as someone commented look good in or out of an RAF uniform, remember this organisation is primarily for 13-20 year olds, not those 20+.

it will never happen.

these are the people who have the busiest “celebrity” lifestyle moving around the globe with for work or to promote it.
that doesn’t give much chance to drop by A&B Wing to visit their XYZ weekend.

the closest option to that list would be a former example, but we have seen with CF how former sportsmen turn out…Chris who?
actors and actresses don’t “retire” and if they do its because they aren’t popular anymore.

which leaves music - Tom Fletcher of McFly fame and former Air Cadet himself might be a good choice if we were to choose someone from one of those industries.
He has already offered time to the Air Cadets, visiting RIAT one year he was interviewed by a Cadet
Swindon news article

Facebook link to the interview

but to consider someone you’ll see in Heat or OK Magazine as a “current” name on the kids lips, you might as well choose President Trump for all the time they’ll be able to give to the organisation

1 Like

CV seems to go off the radar for quite long spells, so no different to any other celebs in reality.

A lot of successful sportsmen and sportswomen etc are largely UK based as are many other celebs from “genres”. But if you have several you have more options. It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if someone more well known to the cadets was one and they got ‘mobbed’, while the HQAC hanger ons were ignored.

Off the radar.Shes everywhere I even caught her doing an ad for equity release the other day.Shes never out of the papers and pops up on TV on a regular basis.

But ah’o paying for the trip? Individuals, sponsorship or HQRAFAC??

I obviously don’t read the same papers or watch enough TV.

A week in America?
I’d expect subsidy from the RAFAC at the very least.
What does it matter though who pays? If it’s the individual, Wings and/or Sqn Funds may well contribute towards the cost.

I’m not sure how the “who pays for a trip” determines CVs suitability

1 Like

Publicity that only comes from an ambassador like Carol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgIG1S-IpJb/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

8 Likes

Given Carol Vorderman’s increasingly bizarre and rude social media posts, mainly on twitter, coupled with recent press criticism for said posts, is it time for RAFAC to look at her suitability to remain as an ambassador for the organisation?

2 Likes

On the contrary - she displays values which the ACO, and the wider RAF, claim they espouse.

That many in the establishment find that difficult says nothing about her, but rather more about them.

She’s great, if my kids grow up to be as confident, and as strident in the defence of values, and those unable to defend themselves, then I would be a very proud father.

5 Likes

Sorry…I thought the first RAF core value was R for Respect? Calling someone a and an on Twitter might not be respectful.

Outside of us, how many people know she’s a pretend officer?

Square root of naff all, I’d reckon.

So no. Waste of time.

1 Like

Yeah, integrity and willingness to speak truth unto power are rather higher up the list than cow-towing to the corrupt and the dishonest…

I’m wondering about that other female RAF Officer who has repeatedly had to cancel her ocean-spanning sailing expedition…

Hope she’s doing okay :joy:

Also anyone remember when Chris Hoy was an ambassador? He just seemed to have disappeared one day and never spoken of again.

2 Likes