Relevance of our Ambassadors and Honorary Appointees

He was announced, that’s all he ever did as far as I remember, never turned up at things or did anything fro the organisation in the way Vorderman does.

2 Likes

Surely the expectations of the role were explained to him before accepting… Seems like he/HQAC didn’t really think the appointment through.

I believe personal life issues took over - quite understandable to be fair so no bad blood between any party involved AFAIK

He had no real attachment to the org, iirc. He wasn’t a former cadet as far as I know, and at the time of his appointment he was busy with a lot of other projects, most of which were of financial benefit to him. Not surprising that it didn’t work out.

I think he and his partner also had children in that time?

Definitely a case of HQ going for a name rather than thinking through why.

2 Likes

"Respectfully Sir, you’re being a " - see it works still!

2 Likes

Yep, visited us a couple of yrs ago - very well received.

However, she’s on a bit of a political spree at the moment…

Well you know I did say that back in Aug 2018 :rofl:

Feels a little bit like you’ve got your own campaign going on against her. Quoting from rubbish like the Spectator is not going to help that.

3 Likes

Only you care.

And her covering what looks like attempted election fraud falls well within the remit of freedom of expression that all UK citizens enjoy.

1 Like

All I’m saying is, try scrolling back through all her social media posts, or news articles from ANY source, (trying not to get distracted by her recent revelations that she’s sleeping with 5 different men), and look for content featuring RAFAC.
She seems to have a new focus in life, which is fine, but it’s not us!

Jealous you’re not number 6?

5 Likes

I’ll definitely get shot down by the, “Corrrr….doesn’t she look fit in a skin tight flying suit. Proper MILF!!” members of this forum, but, she’s not my cup of tea and old enough to be my mum.

1 Like

I think there’s a bit where the ambassadors can only get involved where requested. Would be interested to see if the ambassador have been requested to help or they’ve been put on the self like other volunteers.

You do seem to have a thing bout carol though but out of the ambassadors

Chris Hoy - rode a bike
Emma ? - rowed a boat
Carol vorderman - flys a plane

So I can’t really see an issue .

3 Likes

was that in the job description though? is it in her remit to be doing so?

is this seen by Ambassadors for other organisations, be that youth groups, charities or other?

or is, as i predict, the role to be the celebrity face to bring out at the right and appropriate time?

On the flip side, rather than suggesting her SM shouldn’t be acknowledging the RAFAC - what exactly should CV be sharing?
Highlighting that we can’t use the tents we have for 26 years?
promoting that the leading aviation themed youth organisations “top prize” of a flying scholarship is now only open to its non-youth members?

I am not sure what stories we have had since Christmas as a reasonable time frame that i would expect CV to have shared to her many followers…can anyone else?

6 Likes

Off topic but have you looked at the history of the ATC syllabus recently? It kinda stops around 2000 & then just mentions the bad bits.

It’s a pity it doesn’t include the ambassadors so we have more of a positive vibe & not the depressing lack of progression in a generation.

1 Like

it is a good point well made.

Since 2000 I can think of
*new CACs
*DYER report and its outcomes (Sgt and FS ranks introduced)
*there has been the introduction of BADER and its various arms (Sharepoint, SMS, Ultilearn, Cadet and volunteer portals)
*a gliding pause,
*introduction of the PTS
and…is that about it for “big” changes - as for smaller stuff it would be a very local level to be “good news” right

The change in age limits at both ends of the scale?

2 Likes

ah yes - that too!

Photographic evidence she has solved the 12x12 issue, erect the tents without the canvas, seems obvious in hindsight

4 Likes