RAFVR new embroidered green rank slides

I don’t know about everyone else, but what I’m saying is that it’s about time gilt pins were abandoned on all rank slides. Especially those for No 3.

Though, to answer the question, personally I don’t think it would matter a jot if some staff in No3 were wearing rank with pins and some were wearing rank with embroidery.
“Does it look good to the public?” Honestly? They wouldn’t know the difference and couldn’t care less.

I would say that it was long overdue.

I wear embroidered MTP ones similar to Leeroy. When and if SNCOs and other officers start whining about them (that hasn’t happened yet), I think I will just look them in the eye and mention that you can tell an awful lot about a member of staff who can only focus on what type of branch identifier I am wearing.

…and winding up SNCOs is one of the few pleasures in the ATC left to us that hasn’t been banned or ‘paused’

If you really want to go down the badge-nazi route, you should start discussing the TRF the ACO CTT are cutting about stations in - I imagine some peoples heads will explode! :wink:

I just received my lovely new MTP\sand ‘VRT’ rank slides today.

Now to raise some pulses… :evil:

1 Like

Seems acceptable for the Central Training Team to wear them so why shouldn’t everyone else follow their example?

I’m honestly more bothered by that Sgt (ATC)'s haircut…

Maybe do what I say, not what I do…

Disgraceful example of an HQ section ignoring the rules that the rest of us are meant to follow.

Gopping haircut…

you mean like the example of alcohol being stored on Squadron premises/available in a training environment?

(that is a bottle of Taylors port i see on the table right?)

Don’t forget the crate of Carlsberg on the table too?

Well at least these pictures of weapons and alcohol aren’t available on a public domain, for example a Central Training Team Facebook page…that could show a very negative image of the ACO…Oh wait…they are…

i also see someone is in sandals…is that now approved “suitable” clothing for use around weapons?

we are going off topic and i’m sure going against a ruling about b1tch1ng about photos that are in the wrong…but given this is already in the public domain a case of bolting the stable door!

Find it ironic they have just posted a link about their professional standards on their page…

We don’t want to get in a bun fight, and we’ve noticed that ACC seems to be the place for bun fights these days, but…

[ul]
[li]That’s not a squadron premises, it’s our crew room.[/li]
[li]These photos were taken late at night while the team were off duty preparing their kit for a move into the field early next morning.[/li]
[/ul]

We thought that it might be nice for the corps to see some of the team in a slightly more relaxed environment – perhaps we were wrong though.

PS. We’re glad you saw fit to share the photos of students gaining their SAAI qualification, and the ones of cadets from all three services looking smart on Trafalgar square today.

Hands up everyone who’s sat in an accommodation block or crew room wearing flip-flops prepping their weapons and kit for exercise the next day.

:ohmy:

LOL! It is actually very civilised round here nowadays, but back in olden times…

It can be a thin line to tread between apparently slack standards and obviously messing about. When you mix this with formal media output it becomes a minefield as you run into questions of context.

One famous photo in the past few years (and discussed again in a recent thread) was of a veteran chatting to 2 cadets at Normandy. they were in Wedgwoods with sleeves up as they were done with the parade and it was scorching hot, but that context was not obvious and the obviously incorrectly dressed cadets raised questions. That was an opportunist photo and a great one which fell foul. Other than not using the photo there was probably no sensible way to avoid it. However, if you have a posed photo or a grip-and-grin then there is plenty of time to ensure that everyone is in proper kit, worn properly so there need be no question of wrongdoing. Clearly, the easiest way of doing that is always to do things right :wink:

Regarding the actual attachments in question - I can’t see much of an issue with them as it is clearly in down-time in a crew room. Yes, the haircut could be described as “gopping” by some but it does fall within regs :wink:
I find it hard to believe though that the team decided to “slip into a more comfortable rank slide” whilst cleaning rifles and that is an area the team should give some attention.

ACO CTT - OK, I’ll be blunt - since when were ‘gold on mtp’ snco rank slides permitted? Has there been a change to AP1358C to allow this? The last I saw was that it was blue only.

“Blue rank slides only must be worn with No 2 / No 3 dress”

AP1358C.

Double standards as usual with these cliques…

[quote=“GrimReaper” post=21522]"Blue rank slides only must be worn with No 2 / No 3 dress"
AP1358C.[/quote]

As we are now quoting specifics, don’t forget the bit about VRT/ATC pins:
On officer’s braid: "All must incorporate the Gilt VRT Insignia."
On SNCO/WO Rank: “The appropriate blue rank slides incorporating the Anodised ATC Insignia are to be worn on the “front rank epaulette” of the CS 95/PCS-MTP jacket and shirts.”