RAF Uniform H.M. King Charles III

Presumably (asking for a friend) there’s no reason why someone couldn’t go out and buy the new buttons and change all the buttons on their no. 1s if they really wanted to…

1 Like

What about the button to hold lanyards on cadet jumpers?

(can of worms!)

1 Like

The first air cadets to get the kings crown will be the CCF. This is because they wear the RAF cap badge on their beret and this being a cheap mass produced item is more likly to be cascades first than other items. Once this is in regular RAF circulation it will roll out quite quickly.

If the MTP roll out is anything to go by The ATC will probably get the kings crown just before William ascends.

Long term the cheapeast thing would be to replace everyones because were all RAFAC now :popcorn:

“A common misunderstanding as the ATC is still a part of the RAFAC same as when it was the ACO.” :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m order to change you would need a new warrant & new legislation & that’s unlikely to happen in the time the current commandant has got left…

But we’re “One RAFAC”. That’s the silly slogan right? :sweat_smile: Given we are all starting to work together better (CCFs under regions for example), moving to a single cap badge would be good I think!

2 Likes

Apparently HQAC have requested that CFAVs stop contacting them about new badges and buttons with the new crown. Clearly some very optimistic CFAVs out there.

3 Likes

Ive had the message atleast…why are people in a rush?!

1 Like

No idea, we’re a cadet force why would we get all the gizzits before the actual armed forces!

1 Like

It’s one thing to discuss it on a forum, but to go to the bother of contacting HQ is farcical

2 Likes

Lots of people think along the lines of “uniform has changed, that’s the official and correct thing to wear, therefore I must be official and correct”.

And I get why. Far too many absolute uniform nazis out there who have no lives but exist to nitpick every single facet of what someone’s wearing.

It’s a training problem we have in this organisation. We bring it on ourselves.

6 Likes

Indeed and have if there had been some internal Comms about something that is in the press they wouldn’t be reviewing loads of SFQ’s.

1 Like

Regardless they will always been dealing with SFQs.

I suspect HQ sometimes feel like the king of swamp castle in monty python.

2 Likes

But which badge…? Or a new one?

4 Likes

To quote the great @paracetamol
:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Given that we are ‘part of the RAF family’ and the name Air Training Corps has not been the organisation name for many years, I think that it is time to adopt the RAF badge !

Alternately, bring back the name ATC !

The ATC never went anywhere . . .
We used to use the term ACO to talk about the ATC and CCF(RAF), now we use the term RAFAC.

4 Likes

Categorically untrue.

1 Like

I disagree… who outside the organisation refers to it as the ATC any more.