RAF Uniform H.M. King Charles III

4 Likes

What will change for us, apart from the crown? We don’t have any ADC’s as far as I know. The cap badges don’t include E 11 R so I cannot see the will incorporate C 111 R in any way.

Pretty much just the crown. Even if we did have an ADC they would keep EIIR. IIRC you keep the cypher you were appointed to but if the new monarch reappoints you then you wear both.

1 Like

Word on the street is the transition plan is about 20 years long.

1 Like

Biggest question is, what’s more ally?

1. Keeping your “Queen’s” Crown cap badge?
  2. Getting hold of 1940s era kings crown?
7 Likes

They really need to discuss with William what his intentions would be, if he were planning to swap the crown o back there would be no point to AJ accelerated transition as it would all need to go back again within 20 years. If however he’s planning to keep it the same then a push to change sooner would make sense.

1 Like

Similar press release from the Army today. https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-events/news/2023/03/his-majesty-the-kings-coronation-heralds-new-era-for-british-army-cap-badges/

2 Likes

Navy have published aswell

1 Like

Cheaper to swap back if not everyone has changed.

Perhaps they have!

Cap badges and the crowns on wings are all that I can forsee changing.

Flight sergeant and cadet warrant officer rank badges will change as well

2 Likes

Eventually some buttons on No1,5,6&8 will change

2 Likes

I think that these will be long term changes.

20 year transition apparently…

I thought you were joking the first time round…

1 Like

Video here

2 Likes

Looks good. Still not going to convince me to go to stores and get mine changed though.

1 Like

Good to see the cypher and new crown on the sash too.

1 Like

There’s a pretty good chance we won’t get one until everyone in the RAF gets theirs first.

We’ve just had a couple of new pilots issued with peaks so it will be interesting to see if they have the new crown on… doubt it though.

It will be a long time before RAFAC sees any of the new crowns. You need only look at the delay to No. 1s to see the logistical problems that were occuring before a new monarch - these will now be exacerbated by the requirement to change.

We may, however, be cascaded a lot of the Queen’s crown items in the interim as RAF replen stock.