Quick Questions…

I’d be up for duel wielding a sword and spear…

1 Like

Did you not see the part in Sharpe’s adventures that featured the RAF defending it’s colours??!

We’ll fight to the last deckchair on the lawn!

Is anyone using the Outlook app? Tonight it’s telling me that my OC account has been blocked due to suspicious activity, as has my training officer’s.

Any ideas?

Are you on a fixed (business) IP address or a domestic type connection?

We get it from time to time on the Squadron as our broadband has a dynamic IP address. Some of them seem to be on a black list.

Power cycling the router forces an IP address update and usually fixes it.

And supposing you were an IT douche and didn’t understand what power cycling the router meant (other than turning on and off again?)

It doesn’t do it for my personal or the main sqn account, just the OC account in Outlook desktop app.

Something might have happened, I’ve had this issue on two different Bader accounts tonight, just on home broadband.

Looks like it might be the educational licence we’ve moved to. It allows this:

Office 365

Broadly, the licence we will provide a volunteer will grant them access to the following

• Microsoft 365 for the web (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
  • Microsoft Outlook for the web
  • Microsoft OneDrive
  • Microsoft Teams web/desktop app
  • Microsoft 365 for Mobile (All native mobile applications)
  • Microsoft Forms
  • Microsoft Planner
  • Microsoft To-Do
  • Microsoft Power Platform
  • Microsoft Power Automate
  • The ability to use any Bader device

But then that wouldn’t explain why my 100 account and the squadron generic account are unaffected :face_with_monocle:

Does say “all native mobile applications” though?

Yeah but I’m talking desktop app, not mobile.

Ooooh. Yeah :slightly_frowning_face:

I had an issue this evening where I got locked out of my role account. I assumed password reset, but the reset for the role account wanted 2FA to a mobile number I didn’t recognise - so I was stuck. A password reset by the Bader POC got me back in and everything returned to normal after that.

1 Like

It’s turning it off and on again…

2 Likes

Are they set up as “shared mailboxes” rather than seperate emails?

I’ve not used the desktop outlook for cadet mail so haven’t noticed any issues

One is, one isn’t.

Is there an up to date copy of the ‘insurance certificate’ anywhere? The one in ACP 300 is signed and dated May 2023, and I assume that’s only good for a year?

Anyone know what the proper way to dispose of an ensign is?

We’ve just found 2X ATC and 2X RAF and we’re unsure what to do

IIRC if they can’t be laid up (for example in a local church or a service chapel) they should be burned. Which does seem a touch dramatic!

Burn, tear or cut. Basically make it “not a flag anymore” before throwing it in the bin.

1 Like