Quick Questions…

sorry, I meant the cadet camp(s) for RIAT but I can guess about the dates from last year.

If it still works as previous, the likely dates are:

Extended: 13-25/7/24
Main: 17-22/7/24

That is the big if then. With the delivery changes next year…

1 Like

Anyone seen or heard anything on the changes to staff cadets that was postponed from Sep 23?

2 Likes

Probably waiting for the new boss to arrive, then scrapping it :man_shrugging:

If they’re scrapping it, any ideas what would happen to those that are already staff cadets and those who are scheduled to be one soon?

Hahahahaahh no.

The staff cadet tapes contract was cancelled, so maybe that’s a sign to come?..

But the reason for Staff cadet tapes still exist. Met a staff cadets a few weeks ago with standard tapes. Can’t get any staff cadet ones apparently,

We suspect the contract was cancelled before HQAC realised their plan wasn’t going to happen

1 Like

Planning and critical path analysis. don’t do X until Y is approved or Z will go south.

You think HQAC plan?

Separate technical question; can changing the wireless access channel on a router lead to an improved ethernet upload speed, or have I just been fobbed off?

Yep. Carry on as per current rules.

Someone misread the script. Not going to help your wired connection.

1 Like

Yeah thought it sounded off when he was telling me to do it, even challenged him on it, but he assured me it would.

Can’t wait to get off this contract and on to Starlink instead.

If the WiFi channels were so congested (i.e. lots of concurrent users) that they were the bottle neck for your network then potentially moving to another channel might improve.

Considering how slow upload on broadband usually is, it seems very unlikely that the WiFi is the bottle neck though. You’d notice the same bottle neck on downloads.

1 Like

In certain edge cases potentially - if you have a very congested wifi network making the wifi more efficient could free up capacity in the switching layer on the router.

But I am almost 100% sure that a consumer grade router ain’t that clever and the tech is talking out of their hoop.

1 Like

Im thinking of getting a mesh system as my office is on the 3rd floor and the router in the ground floor and theres serious network drop all the time.

Any reccommendations?

Is that at home?

Yeah.