QUAIC - what do I get out of it?

I wonder why they don’t run something like this for adult staff? You could cut out the lanyard and grow bag nonsense.

Adult staff qualifications seem to be concentrated in the “green side” and outdoorsy stuff and nothing as tangible on the “blue side”.

I could see a lot more mileage in having staff “qualified” in these areas, than cadets, given the potential service from both groups. Eighteen months maybe from a cadet and eighteen years from adult staff.

You mean like the instructor courses that Cranwell and Cosford ran, but then cancelled (partly) because no one used them?

Well yes … it would offer something tangible to staff not particularly interested in AT, FMS, weapons, but with an interest in flight/flying. The only option they currently have is CGI, but how realistic is that.

Unlike the things mentioned, there doesn’t need to be a must be in uniform or a particular uniform branch, given that FMS and weapons seems to have an SNCO skew.

I checked and then checked again - this is supposed to be the ‘Staff’ > ‘Execs’ forum where I thought information presented might be appreciated by adults. But no, it seems that responders prefer to make fatuous comment about ‘rant - assumed to be about this topic’ (so try checking rather than assuming) and others pick apart the syntax rather than read, absorb and consider the information presented. Yes I have my bad days with the English language - caste stones if you are so perfect.
If you think a QAI swans around in a flying suit and blue lanyard then your Sqn has some pretty strange uniform codes and if you can’t get your QAI to do any instruction then perhaps it is your poor leadership that is in question. So, I shall leave you all grumbling and whingeing and get on with preparing for QAIC 7.

PoF and Nav still run at Cranwell, but are as well publicised as the date of the milk in the spare fridge at HQAC.

You can’t come on here banging on about how great this cadet course is and espousing (look it up if you don’t know what it means) its values when - as you tell us - you were a RAF pilot for 37 years and can’t even get your words right! Expect some flak (no pun intended) and grow a sense of humour!

Well, I haven’t been on a Sqn for nearly 6 years so I wouldn’t know, I’m afraid.

Good man.

You came on here and had a rant. Someone picks you up on a point or two and you get all bent out of shape. Typical aircrew.

Gunner,

Such a pity, you were doing quite well up until that point.

exmpa

Well spotted! :lol: