Process to apply for MOD90

Interesting. The lack of suitable photograph (and waiting for promotion) is the main reason for not having a MOD90 yet. Admittedly I don’t have a suitable one in MTP either! Would be nice if they’d just accept passport ones!

I didn’t put a tie on for my first application. Got rejected.

Then for my second attempt I wore a tie and they accepted it and cut off the bloody uniform anyway from the picture :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Apparently you can be rejected for the photo being on the wrong sort of paper too.

They say that, and make it sound like it’s quite a big deal.
Although in reality, that hasn’t happened to me.

The last two photos I’ve supplied have been taken at home and printed with an ink jet on Poundland type glossy photopaper. No issues.

I think the issue was it being on normal printer paper…

On my last but one card I supplied a regulation approved photo. When the card arrived the photo looked like I had three days worth of designer stubble.

1 Like

Were you using a Hogwarts camera? Sounds like the photo was still living

Apparently mine has been delivered to the squadron!

17.5 weeks turnaround time at the moment then.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Changes To No1 Uniform Issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: Changes To No1 Uniform Issue

Can confirm delivery.

1 Like

HI All, just curious as to what people do for ID if they do not have a MOD90 - visited our Parent Unit to pick up some kit and got the third degree…

if you got the third degree - did they not offer you advise what to do next?

there is little reason not to have a MOD90 if entitled to one…although recognise there is equally little reason to have one/need to show it unless visiting a MOD facility

thanks steve679 - afraid our Parent Unit were less than helpful, however they were quick to point out that I should not be in uniform unless I have the ability to prove that I am entitled to wear it. I did have my letter of appointment from HQAC but that didn’t seem to count…

My squadron’s on an Army Reserve Centre with MGS people - have had the third degree a few times, but just explained that I’d sent off the paperwork and was waiting for it to make its way through the system - most were fine with that.

I also had my old CI ID card, driving licence and vetting letter to hand if necessary. Usually the driving licence and an explanation was sufficient.

When I’ve visited my parent station as a CI in the past, the section I’m visiting have usually given my name to the guard room so at least they’re expecting me.

Only one reason needed, HQAC admin. 6 months so far and counting.

I used my driving licence as ID on a base recently and had no issues. I was on their system already though.

1 Like

I would assume what happened was the person you were speaking to has something against the cadet forces. Those types will always find some reason to have a go.

1 Like

Posted off my mod90 form at very end of May and just got it so just under 3 months for mine

Did it come to you, to the sqn or the WHQ?

If the latter, did they tell you it had arrived?

1 Like

Delivered to my OC directly

1 Like