Process of transfer

Hi guys, been lurking a while, just wondering what the transfer process from another cadet force is like?, im currently RMC and have been thinking about transferring for some time now, reason for transfer?, i started as an air cadet before joining the infantry, and if im honest, ive always been an air cadet, also, there’s zero support from my headshed relating to both fieldcraft and shooting, transferable skills I’d bring with me are SAAI(frimley), SA (SR)07, SA(K)07, military map reading train the trainer (cadet forces), military fieldcraft train the trainer (cadet forces), cheers for reading, any questions feel free and I’ll answer as best i can

Quals are quals, so they should transfer across quite simply (although with increasing difficulty as the time increases since you last exercised them). Not sure how the Fieldcraft stuff will work, as we have our own funny little system for that.

As for actually transferring I think it’s completely case-by-case. If you already hold a rank higher than your starting one (ie CSgt or Lt and up) then there’s a good chance that will be taken into account, but not guaranteed.

Funny little system?, could you elaborate?, as for rank?, here for the goal not the role

Transferring should be an easy job, but it won’t.
Unless it’s an AT NGB qualification it won’t be an easy ride and unless you have FAW or some professional qualification you’d need to do the AFA to be able to use an AT ticket.
WRT shooting the willy wavers in SATTs etc may feel threatened and construct barriers.
As Matt says FMS is a curious beast in the ATC (lots of people who like wearing “DPM” and playing soldiers) and I can’t see you avoiding an ATC course.

Sorry, getting my head round acronyms, AT NGB?, AFA?, FMS?, with regards to SATTs, my qauls came through them

AT NGB - Adventure Training National Governing Body (such as a for Climbing, Watersports, Lowland Leader, Mountain Leader etc)

AFA - St John’s Ambulance Activity First Aid

FMS (It should be FMST) - Fieldcraft and Military Skills Training

Gotya now, train the trainer map reading and fieldcraft isnt as in depth and complex as it sounds if im honest, all it means is i teach adults to teach kids upto and including 8 fig gr, and all of the fieldcraft syllabus upto basic F&M, so everything from putting a basha up to mounting a patrol

One of our instructors who transferred from the Army Cadets needed to get DBS checked again - exactly why is beyond me.

Wouldn’t hurt… seeing as the DBS is only accurate on the day it is actually processed and printed…

Well that’s a subject all on its own.

Why not get it re-done when transferring between Sqn’s within the ATC then? My point is that is if it’s in date for one organisation then that validity should be honored for a similar environment ie - working with kids/vulnerable people.

Cheers guys, in scotland we have a system called PVG (protecting vulnerable groups), it would literally be a case of attaching my member number and thats it done, the beauty of PVG is that its “live”, ie: if you’re naughty then everyone that youre registered with automatically gets a live update on you, in regards to the ACF bloke?, other than a refill of DBS, was his transfer relatively painless or did he experience difficulties in coming over?

Bear in mind that PVG doesn’t quite go deep enough and although it is a “live” system, we still need to do a 5-yearly update.

This is true, I’d personally like to see more collusion between agencies on these types of things, PVG like DBS only covers its specific areas, I’d like to see it cover all nationwide convictions

And doesn’t cover undiscovered crimes either, look at what has happened in the past, Saville would never have triggered any alarms.

Of course it wouldnt bob, theyre undiscovered, the military give out medals for it, LSGC if i recal lol

So we’re saying that someone who gets checked (or re-checked) on 1st July 2018 and then transfers to another Sqn/cadet organisation a month later should be checked but as long as they stay at the same Sqn, they’re trustworthy for a few years?

Another squadron, no; another cadet organisation, yes.
All the checks I have seen have been in relation to work with a specific organisation.

Caveat 1: It probably depends on what was specified on the first disclosure application

Caveat 2: if you move from a squadron in england to one in Scotland (or vice versa) you will need to be cleared under the scheme relevant to the new squadron’s country.

Precisely, so there should be no difference between a Sqn or cadet org transfer surely?

So to sum it up and based on current logic, you could have been a naughty boy if you used to help with XXXX Detachment ACF last month but not if you used to be with xxxx Sqn ATC 5 months ago?

Bear in mind that the process may have changed or may not be global, but when I have seen disclosures and PVGs applies for it has been in relation to work with “the Air Cadet Organisation”. This obviously will not be relevant to work with the Army Cadet Force, but it will be relevant between squadrons, with the CCF(RAF) and, importantly, between Staff Cadet and Adult Staff work.

I see this as an end-user, not as somebody who processes the applications.

Some locales may be specifying work with “the Cadet Forces” but that might be a bit vague

If the latest DBS is less than 6 Months old it will be acceptable… there is not transfer process from 1 MOD Sponsored Cadet Force to another… You are resigning from ACF and applying for ATC, part of our application process is completing a DBS.

What the ATC will do is recognise qualifications from previous service in the shooting world and translate these to the relevant cadet qualification.