Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

The oernight residentials seems more restrictive than I was led to believe in a conversation about the NACATCs the other night so I’ve asked for a bit of a feeling whether we might gravitate towards the NYA end of the scale.

I’ve only had time to skim read that part but I agree. 6 including staff?

You mean the NYA were more restrictive or we were?

6 including staff yes…

NYA more restrictive.

It’s more about the suggestion that those residential ‘bubbles’ can’t mix on activities, so if they include staff that makes it quite hard to do with cadets unless the instructor holds multi-quals.

I is disappoint…

If we follow our path so far, then the 15 + staff limit will stay for us. Which is a shame for squadrons just over the limit.

So as of today the kids in school won’t be wearing masks in the classroom.

They will then come to cadets and need to wear masks.

I’m sure the guidance will catch up, but what is the general consensus - are you happy to be in a classroom with cadets with no masks?

No.

(And more letters).

4 Likes

Not until I can enter a pub/shop without one.

2 Likes

Not at present no…

Little disease carrying peoples.

selfishly, yes I would, if it was just me, tbf.

In the grand scheme of things, I’m low risk, teenagers are lower risk than the general population, and I feel facial expressions etc are a pretty important form of communication.

There is still some debate about the viral load of asymptomatic teenagers, but suggestions made last year that they are higher than symptomatic adults have been debunked [1]

1: https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-study-claiming-children-are-silent-spreaders-of-sars-cov-2/

It’s not selfish to say that you are happy to accept this.

I would be happy to as well.

Same here - my circumstances mean that I am happy to.

Just thought I would see what the general feeling was though!

1 Like

Yeah I would be, had both my jabs and spent the whole of Covid dealing with people not wearing masks so hardly an extra risk.

I would, yes.

Half our staff are low risk, the other half are vaccinated (and don’t have much direct contact anyway).

I wouldn’t have an issue. I’m already doing it with my Cub’s.

Several of our schools are continuing to promote the wearing of masks in communal areas and corridors - and have left it at young persons choice for the classroom.

I’m literally in a school now and so far the only people NOT wearing them are exempt - everybody else is continuing as last week.

Yeap - but i’d rather be outside doing something interesting and adventurous with them instead!

This has been me pre-covid anyway :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

Looks like full easing is off the cards

Don’t quite know where the empirical evidence is that teenagers are rabid carriers. After doing a 3 test screening of 1300 11-18 year olds over 2 weeks after the Easter hols and not one positive, comments like this baffle me. They are all together in classrooms masked and then free for all during breaks and God knows what before and after school. They did similar screening at the beginning of March and same outcome. The head decided to do another full screening after Easter as there was no confidence the kids were doing tests at home. Being around them sans masks doesn’t worry me in the slightest.

Currently we are still in masks in classes and indoor communal areas. But this is down to individual schools and our trust has said carry on with masks in class until at least ½ term, across all schools.