Policy change – dbs and probationary dates

Well, whilst not wholly conclusive, my WHQ has accepted a DBS recently that was not ACO issued - it was of MOD origin and Child Workforce however. Early days yet, I stand poised to receive word that the acceptance has been rescinded in which case I stand ready to get some ACP20 referencing ready :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose you could point us in the direction of a quote, or a paragraph number or such like could you please?

I’m scanning quickly through what I would expect to be the relevant sections (PI 402 etc) but I must be missing something.

I got the wrong ACP above

1 Like

Ah, brilliant. Thank you!

ACP 20 would be the logical place to look. Hopefully they’ll update it there too in due course.

[quote=“themajor, post:103, topic:1982, full:true”]

So does that mean when my school one gets renewed, I can send that into Wing so I don’t have to do an ATC one?

Given that my cadet one runs out about 6 or 7 months before my school one, but the school one will take at most 5 working days from sending to having a certificate and not months of waiting. This prevents the OC getting several emails from wing saying they’ve not had it back and I’m going to be suspended and then filling out a new form. Then once it comes back the CO can’t update bader with my new one and it has to go to Wing who need the OC to write in their blood that it’s a true copy and won’t accept scanned and or PDFd documents, then like with one of the CIs a couple of months ago Wing, they swore blind the 2 he’d sent they hadn’t received, the 3rd one got there and eventually they updated the vetting record.

[quote=“Farriersaxe, post:105, topic:1982, full:true”]
So does that mean when my school one gets renewed, I can send that into Wing so I don’t have to do an ATC one?[/quote]
I doubt it. Too many MoD envelope licking and tea drinking jobs at risk if people use other DBS, because the MoD system is so poor.