Policy change – dbs and probationary dates

SC or DBS? Why would an OC be suspended for not hVing an SC??

SC , because ALL staff in NI have to have current SC to be appointed and be in the organisation .His Access NI , no DBS here,renewal came through in 14 days.

Sorry to but in, do u need a Service number or CI number before you can get a SC? Because this won’t really work if a cadet is becoming a member of uniformed staff because they would need to wait for their service number/CI number?

No, you can have a SC as a civilian (eg contractors). Our school bursar has one as armoury keyholder of last resort.

You can not be appointed ,or your application forwarded to HQAC , until your SC is in place ,paperwork sits gathering dust in WHQ until then.

This what probably makes people walk then? Not being able to do certain courses because they have to wait for asses to be kicked into gear

not true…well not for the Corps, that maybe a local policy…?

It is Corps policy for Northern Ireland , no SC,no staff applications can be processed . No problem with this as I am happy to know staff are cleared ,what is the problem is the time it takes for SC to be processed . It is not ,unlike mainland, weapons access that SC is needed for it is for other NI connected reasons as ACO staff ,buildings and cadets have been targeted before as well as staff being allowed access to military establishments.

1 Like

NI is a still effectively a front line area so increased requirements seem sensible. However you would have thought they’d have the experience to ensure everything joins up, so you don’t get gaps which cause problems.

Fresh SCs are taking around 1-2 months to process because of delays getting into from a certain central government body thanks to cut back.

We get SC back faster than we get DBS

1 Like

For new applicants? DBS is taking about 3-4 weeks at the moment.

How much of the hold up is being created by HQAC as they need to clear things.
I don’t understand why things need to be ‘cleared’ by HQAC despite being actioned at Wing, before it becomes official. It just seems admin for the sake of admin and doesn’t add any value to the organisation.

As I was told a little while ago HQAC are doing things on a 4 week cycle which may not help matters of your paperwork goes in and it’s another month before they look at that area again, which means 4 weeks before they rubber stamp it and move to someone else to rubber stamp it etc etc etc before it gets back to Wing to become 'official".

WRT DBS why do we have to wait anymore than 4 working days? This seems to be the maximum any of the people I know who work in schools seems to wait and for many it’s 4 days maximum.

There you go again. You are seriously mis informed.

HQAC don’t see DBS or SC applications. HQAC only get red DBS reports on anyone applying who flag up as seriously not suited for working with kids.

HQAC only get new CI applications after they have been signed off at wing hq as completing their three month probatonary period on the Sqn.

Trust me - no one applying for a new DBS is getting a response in four days.

Did I say they see DBS or SC, I said they do (as I was told) paperwork on a 4 week cycle, which has the real ability to create administrative hold ups for people. So if your application, extension etc goes up and gets on the wrong end of the cycle it creates block, which if it requires HQAC “sign off” to become official and the other parts of the jigsaw go elsewhere, but the HQAC bit is taking too long and is the last piece of the jigsaw, hey presto it’s a hold up that could mean someone saying nuts to this. We need a slick system that makes people volunteering feel valued, not a system that makes them feel they aren’t worth anything to the organisation, despite the platitudes coming from the high and mighty.

Well I’ve seen the issue date and the date of the email acknowledging they’ve completed the online form and it was 4 days, which apparently was a slower one, plus their school gets an email saying it’s cleared. I did view this with envy. But then they don’t fill out loads of forms that have to be posted all over the place. Maybe some of the CCF people on here can confirm how long their work DBS take to come through.

Apologies, I thought this was a thread about DBS and probation debates with a touch of SC thrown in for those in NI?

The “i want to whinge about HQAC thread” is over there >>>>

ACP 4 has been updated to allow the use of DBS that is not completed through RAFAC, providing it is recent (6 months paper / 5 years update service) , at Enhanced Level and for a Child Workforce.

Progress :smiley:

5 Likes

At last! Praise where it’s due, I’m guessing this comes from the work RC (N) has done on appointments of staff :slight_smile:

The proof of the pudding is when someone tries it out, knowing we have 6341000*10000 ways of doing things, even if it is policy.

Temporary extension to SC can be obtained via sponsor, common practice nowdays