Parading in Jeltex

It depends, all we have to do is make reasonable adjustments. To be assessed on a case by case basis.

1 Like

And in this sort of case it maybe ā€˜reasonableā€™ to wear a waterproof.

No, but Iā€™d make sure they were dressed appropriately :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People in wheelchairs normally have a rain cover over them.

Wouldnā€™t the best adjustment be: put everyone in FWJ so that (a) the officer isnā€™t the odd one out (both in terms of highlighting a medical issue and looking neat and uniform on parade) and (b) everyone is warmer, drier and generally happier than they would otherwise be?

9 Likes

āˆ†āˆ†āˆ†āˆ†āˆ† thisāˆ†āˆ†āˆ†āˆ†āˆ†

I couldnā€™t care less why one officer is wearing a waterproof jacket in the rain, Iā€™m very interested in why all the children werenā€™tā€¦

17 Likes

Yes, a good way to phrase the crux of the question!

The term I used was ā€˜couldā€™ not has.

Thread drift - at my RNR graduation at BRNC, one member of my division did indeed parade in a wheelchair having broken most of the bones in her foot on the Chivenor Tarzan Course earlier that week (didnā€™t march past though).

Wouldā€™ve been a good bit of phys pushing her round the ramps though :wink:

looks like they are both saluting thereā€¦

i thought only the VIP took the salute at a ā€œDiasā€

absolutely not.

with my RBL hat on we have veterans and the older members pushed along in parades. it is seen in the London Remembrance parade also.
i canā€™t see why that should be any different for the RAFAC

i know one such example - they were not in the photo, but because their photo didnā€™t comply with uniform expectations and when raised that the individuals were not corrected dressed the CFAV who took the photo decided to walk - it was the straw which broke the camels back in that case but with moral less than sky high for most if not all, it doesnā€™t take much for CFAVs to leave their F90 on the desk and turn about

1 Like

Or even a ā€˜daisā€™ā€¦

No offence intended.

2 Likes

Another one of my campaignsā€¦ ITS DAIS!!! :smile:

You two pick, so I donā€™t have toā€¦ :wink:

1 Like